Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to remember seeing something on here about some people not getting what they ordered from VW. I used the VW Order Tracking web pagethis eveningand entered my order number. It all came up OK but there is a small specification panel that details my car. I had ordered Red dash/Anthracite upholstery but the spec said Black/Anthracite 'Polka'.Scarey and worrying! I've emailed my dealer to get him to check that all is as ordered as per his order details given to me. Do VW sometimes get it wrong? Maybe a dealer mistake? Maybe nothing at all?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I ordered a red dash and got black, so they can get it wrong.. Best to check.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I ordered anthracite seats, he ordered the denim as I discovered on the order tracker. I went in and told him that's not what I asked for, he checked back through the paperwork and discovered his **** up and got it changed pre build. What stage is the car at?

·
Registered
397 Posts
On collecting my new up!, my Dealer read out EACH item of the spec. He said they ALWAYS have TWO people checking customers' orders before they sending it off. One of them reads out loud each item, the other reads it back. Even so, they once had a mis-spec car arrive (so it was re-ordered.)

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's sale of goods act. If you ordered x then you have a right to get x. Either agree the change with some compensation or insist on what you ordered.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your comments. I had an email back from my dealer with a copy of the official spec sheet that VW work from. Red dash is there along with all the other extras. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
134 Posts
A friend of mine ordered a Polo in white, a black one arrived at the dealers, they're made in South Africa, positive discrimination?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts