Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise?

What happens after the year of updates has expired on the safety camera add on for maps and more? Is it removed or is it just a case that they are not updated?

Any help would be great.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just not updated.....to be honest their database is pants, much better to get the cameraAlert app for your phone, weekly updates and if you report any new ones, they give you a years subs for free, I've had 3 yrs free so-far!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The app is undoubtedly the best one out there, has a really neat average speed camera function that works when you enter a chain...keeps a running average on display.........link:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've actually found the Garmin speed camera database to be very accurate wherever I've used it, but you do much higher mileage than me, Doc :) It was spot on up the M1 last Friday with all the temporary roadworks. My TomTom was hopeless - it took weeks to get average speed stretches included and then weeks to get them removed again. I'll have a look at that app, though...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The best thing about the app is it has all the temporary and hand-held ones too, as uploaded by users, myself included

if you spot a new one, you just tap a button and all is done, if you were the first to spot it, you get 1 year subs extension....I've used it for many years, (they have a database compatible with tomtom too so you can add it to your tomtom) in all, I've had 3 free years (so-far) but £20 a year is peanuts for the database quality and updates every week

1 - 6 of 6 Posts