Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided that this forum is not good - in the best possible way of course!

I've got the modding bug again and although my car is still confirmed as a week 20 build I have been busy buying bits and bobs for it far in advance of its arrival. So far I've ordered up my favourite car air fresheners, a nice minimal tax disc holder, a red ABS cover for the remote control key and replacements headlight and indicator bulbs. No more until it arrives though - the spending needs to stop

Nice to see some more cars appearing although the gallery definitely needs more pics for us "carless" owners to drool over.

My sister told me that she is going to order exactly the same car as me for September delivery - don't know whether to be peeved or flattered. She lives very close to me so it will seem strange if she does that

·
Registered
677 Posts
Im totally not into modding, the only mod I did to my Polo was put a nightmare before christmas tax disk holder on it and thats it! I feel that I wont need to "mod" my Up as it will look "dicked" when I get it! I am however going to splash out on some chrome wing mirrors and a spoiler when they become available!

After I pick him up tomorrow I'm going to go and treat him to a brand new cherry baby jelly air freshner ..... mmmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
have to say I agree !! this time no mods been there and done it feel I want my blackie as it arrives apart from an nice,black air freshener,and maybe some chrome bits,and then again will the sound pack be good enough ??? NO thats it no more

·
Registered
329 Posts
I know what you mean. Still waiting for our up but have already purchased new indicator bulbs, two recaro car seats for my kids, a white iPhone car charger (to match the car :)), chrome strip for the tailgate and a whole host of new car cleaning products :).

·
Registered
228 Posts
A set of mats and front mud flaps and that's it!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we are all being quite sensible

Perhaps my use of the word "modifications" was a bit extreme! I'll not be adding go faster stripes or a set of spinners lol. I'm undecided about mudflaps as they always seem to catch on the monstrous speed bumps leading to my house... all 14 of them

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ebay - can send you a link if you need it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ah to **** with sensible it's being dropped with some 3sdm or rotiform wheels as soon as it gets here

It did start off as a cheap daily alternative to my old Audi that does 18 mpg and i sweared i would leave it alone (just like i sweared when i bought the Audi, now it's 500hp i find the economy has tailed off)

It's a slippery slope, today it's bulbs next week it's air suspension

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
itll only be the little bits for me like most of you, matts, airfreshner to match tax disc holder, i havent started looking yet.... but i might do that in a mo...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ordered mats, boot liner, and mud flaps for now!

I just read in the accessories brochure for the Key cover 'Simply glue the durable key cover to the key and you're ready to go' Do you really nead to 'Glue' it?

·
Registered
29 Posts

Yeah to mods. I am looking for my new wheels already with stretched tyres (euro look), waiting for coilovers to come out, alreay got mats. I was going to get the sports pack purely for lowered suspension but saw it only lowered it by 15mm, so thought I would save that money and buy coilovers and drop it some more!!

What wheels to get ideally I would love to get TH lines but way too expensive well out of my budget anyway!

Now looking at BBS, Lenso or Ronal so many choices really need to find a website that has the car and lets you try on wheels..... anyone know of one?

It is so true once you start you keep going I swore I was only going to change my wheels on my bug, the wheels have been changed 4 times, lowered, new stereo, amp and sub, bonnet bras, spoiler, new mats, then other financial commitments got in the way so the modding stopped, but it is soon to start when little Herbie up! arrives can't wait!

·
Registered
128 Posts
veedub-ally said:
Looks like we are all being quite sensible

Perhaps my use of the word "modifications" was a bit extreme! I'll not be adding go faster stripes or a set of spinners lol. I'm undecided about mudflaps as they always seem to catch on the monstrous speed bumps leading to my house... all 14 of them

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">There's your problem VeeDub-Ally !!!

<div style="text-align: center;">14 Mudflaps are going to catch all sort of things !!

<div style="text-align: center;">You've only gone and over blinged your wheelarches m8 !!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
ive been in the moddin scene before and dont mind doing again but ill keep it stock as i really wanted a four door gt version but obviously dont know wen ill.arrive so i got the move up instead.
ill love to hav it lowered and fit fifteen52 tarmac rims.

·
294 Posts
Monkeydog said:

Yeah to mods. I am looking for my new wheels already with stretched tyres (euro look), waiting for coilovers to come out, alreay got mats. I was going to get the sports pack purely for lowered suspension but saw it only lowered it by 15mm, so thought I would save that money and buy coilovers and drop it some more!!

What wheels to get ideally I would love to get TH lines but way too expensive well out of my budget anyway!

Now looking at BBS, Lenso or Ronal so many choices really need to find a website that has the car and lets you try on wheels..... anyone know of one?

It is so true once you start you keep going I swore I was only going to change my wheels on my bug, the wheels have been changed 4 times, lowered, new stereo, amp and sub, bonnet bras, spoiler, new mats, then other financial commitments got in the way so the modding stopped, but it is soon to start when little Herbie up! arrives can't wait!

I think for the safety of everyones bank account on this forum we'll have to ban you from posting pictures

1 - 19 of 19 Posts