Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I ordered my high up today, but am unsure about a couple of things. Luckily I have a week to finally decide/change anything. I have gone for tornado red with red dash, leather seats.

However I was talked into a sensor pack. Is it good or could I do without considering I wouldn't use cruise control that much. Any opinions anyone please?

Also, I have not ordered sports pack but I do like it. But the one thing putting me off is the new black roof lining. Can anyone give me any pictures of what this looks like with red and leather and a sunroof. Concerned it would be too dark. Wish I could get sports with the old light lining!

Any opinions on any extras welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have sports pack and wish my head lining was black, all the latest cars are going black roof lining and they take a small bit of getting used to but i think its better,

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
German VW config is out of order at the moment to show you leatherette / red / sports ...

Well, I took the sensor pack ...
Have my car just 8 days now, but the cruise control seems to be best in "Zone 30" (20 mph) areas to me. I cross two of them very often and the police loves these areas for speed controls. The multifunction switch on the other side is also very nice to switch between the display modes ...

I love my Spoke alloys and wouldn't change them against any other alloys - but "tastes are different" ...
My black up! has a red dash too - good choice!

I am glad I chose the sensor pack ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jayup - if only there was an option of having either roof lining!

Cadfael - I was banking on you for a piccie
. The UK config doesn't show it black. How are you liking your UP? Mine won't be ready until sept.

The only thing I hated about the vw showroom was the mega salesman talk, esp when you don't have a man around they talk to you like your a dumb female! I'm just reading on here about the gap insurance con and life shine which add up to an impressive £800
!!!!! Think I need to cancel that bit!

Don't where I'd be without this site...

·
Registered
171 Posts
NDG said:
I was talked into a sensor pack. Is it good or could I do without considering I wouldn't use cruise control that much. Any opinions anyone please?
(I'm a complete convert to cruise control ""“ don't know how I managed before it, and hate having hire cars without it now! It's not that my foot gets tired without it ""“ it's the extra concentration to keep a constant speed.)

I find the Sensor Pack's multifunction computer data useful. Apart from the speed warning function, it's all also available on Maps+More, but I find it much handier to access via the multifunction computer's stalk rather than trying to stab at tiny on-screen buttons on the M+M while keeping my eyes on the road.

The one Sensor Pack feature I'm not bothered about is the rear parking sensors themselves ""“ the back of the up! is so flat that it's pretty easy to work out how close you get to things (and you'd learn pretty quickly anyway). (Front sensors would be handier!)

Edited by: +2/3 e

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi NDG,

here is the image ...
Unfortunately the rear windows look very unnatural ...
I "mirrored" the image to give you the "UK impression" ...

P.S.: M&M is a MUST for me. Not only the navi but all infos and entertainment possible via screen. Which door is still open? etc. ...

I would take white roof plus Spoke ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you so much Cadfael just what I wanted! I think your right, I do like the white lining better.

Hmm I'm thinking I'm going to like this sensor pack!....

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got gap insurance for my up for £84 online
if you need the website give me a shout and ill sort my paperwork for you to find the link

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My first car in 1983 was a VW Polo with leatherette seats (a company car
from my father). It was white and had a white oof. I like the contrast
of leatherette and the white roof ...

In Germany you can get the
65% tinted windows as an extra for the high up! now. Don't know if it's
the same in the UK? Here is the "same" image with white roof (without 65% windows):

Have a look at photos with the Spoke alloys. All people I talked to and who didn't know much about the up! thought, they were "extra alloys" and no standard.

Many VW UK are better than the German ones (like the colour namings). The "Sensor Pack" is called "Drive Pack Plus" in Germany - and that's what it really is! The "Sensor" reduces it to the sensor. In reality it has a lot more to offer ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I love having the sensor pack. I play music on the M&M and display album art while on the dashboard i display my fuel consumption figures. Cruise control is so useful when going through motorway 50mph zones as it will keep the car's speed constant whether going up or down hill.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Recent Up! owner here - but I have already found the sensor pack useful - my previous car did not have cruise, and I forgot how much I missed it - doing any decent mileage and it is easily worth it!

Parking sensors in this sort of car aren't soimportant, but nice to be there if you ever miss a low wall etc :)

Also, as AlanG said, nice to have the trip computer, and I assume without that the car does not log MPG unless the M&MGarmin is plugged in, which you may not always use?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone.

Well the deed is done, it's ordered. High up, 5 door, red, red dash and leather look seats, sports pack (I'm risking dark roof after all I have a messy 3 year old boy). What else.. Sunroof, chrome pack (does that include strip on boot or not?), sensor pack (thanks to you guys), rubber mats, mudflaps. Delivery in sept.

Now to advertise my beetle...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
At least in Germany the Chrome Pack does not include the boot stripe.
It costs 50‚¬ extra in Germany. It is called "boot protection" here ...

AlanG found out that the DAB+ is cost free but you have to order it anyway?!
Please check and maybe add the DAB+ to your up! ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thanks Cadfael I will check. It is a MY15 build so I just presumed it was as it says it's standard on that model, there is nothing on the config about no cost option. Hmm...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
chrome boot trim is NOT part of chrome pack unfortunately, boot protection is a clear film over the bumper at the back upper surface .....guess it is 'lost in translation'

if you want the chrome bootlid trim, grab one on ebay...cheaper and easy to fit. they pop up with some regularity, as do chrome or s/s door sill plates.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts