Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dark Silver Up Think it was Mr Fidel. Hope your Up is now all sorted :)
Edited by: Supermegamonkee

·
Registered
540 Posts
Haha!

That was certainly me! I knew it was you, was about to post a message on here. Do you have a badge on the back of your car as well? Thought I saw it in my mirror.

My mrs really liked the roof rack you've got, so much so that I've convinced her to let me buy one for it :) We're looking to travel down south soon so we can put some stuff on top instead of in the back. IT's a thule I presume?

I've come to the conclusion that i'm not 100% happy with it, but the fact I own the car outright and pay very little to run it I'm going to keep it until at least the warranty is near its end.

Hope you're well bud.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers, the sticker on the back is one I got from this years Le Mans.

The roof bars are the vw type with thule proride 591 bike racks. The roof box also works well and gives you that little bit more room. You feel the drag on the motorway tho ;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Roger that - Looking into thule ones at the moment but boy they are expensive for the aluminium ones (which I want to match the silver of the car). £200 is the cheapest I've found thus far.

I've got a body board and a surf board at home that I want to take down south with me so they'd be ideal...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the vw bars off ebay from a vw dealer for £165 if that helps :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Cheer I'll take a look. - Found them I think, £159 at the moment. Do they come with an adaptor kit and foot pack too? I can't see any info on there about it :(

Really want to get the roof and valence wrapped in piano black and get the hub protectors changed to the VW gloss black as well, but that's the best part of £400 with the bars thrown in too!

Oh, so many things to plan.

Anyway, do you think us midlander's should have a meet up one day in the future soon? Would be nice to put more names to faces.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vw type come complete, all ready setup so you just place them on the car and lock into place. They come with a torque wrench with a locking patten on the end.

Yeah a midlands meet is an idea, I'm not sure how many are on here.Edited by: Supermegamonkee

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just to clarify, are these the ones?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VOLKSWAGEN-UP-3-DOOR-ROOF-BARS-1S3071126-/161252030603?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Touring_Travel&hash=item258b5eb88b

Will probably invest in them if they are (looks official, VW parts icon below etc).

Yeah think there used to be more when I joined. Guess there's not too many now even though I see more and more UPs parked up around me at the moment. there's at least 4 on or near my road alone.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah those are the ones, infact that's the seller I got mine from. Just make sure you get them delivered to an address that can sign for them, as they use parcel2go which I had a pain getting re delivered. Also they order them in from vw, so it may pay to get your local dealer to price match and collect them there and then. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Supermegamonkee said:
Cheers, the sticker on the back is one I got from this years Le Mans.

The roof bars are the vw type with thule proride 591 bike racks. The roof box also works well and gives you that little bit more room. You feel the drag on the motorway tho ;)

I've had 3 Prorides (& 3 mountain bikes) on the roof of my 1.0 125 hp Focus & agreed you can really feel the drag. Got 30.5 mpg on a journey I normally get 40+!!!!!

Not sure I can get the three of us, the dog & holiday stuff in the Mii, so may have to keep using the Focus for long journeys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts