Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced a clicking and/or squeaky drivers seat? Mine began clicking from the rear bottomright of the seat when going around left hand bends, the sound was audiable above the radio and rather annoying. This has progressed into both clicking and squeaking from a different side of the base of the seat when going over speed bumps and even when changing gear! It's 18 months old, I also have an Audi A2 with 150K miles that is still like new fromseat point of view! I'm not a massive fatty either, so it's not under too much strain!

I have booked it into VW, but am expecting them not to be that interested and/or fix it.

Anyone else have the problem? Apart from this annoying issue, I love thecar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I can confirm I get the same clicky noise and after a while also have gotten the squeak on the other side.

Since the car is also around 18 months old I am planning to take it in for a warranty fix. Let me know how it goes with your car.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Volvo have had a squeaking issue as well.
Got sorted by greasing the seat's rails where the seat sits on them.
Push it aft, put some grease on where the seat sat, and put the seat back where it was.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For info, my seat base was replaced under warranty following this issue. Very impressed with the service received from the dealer, they also threw in a healthcheck while they were there.

They did say that this is not a common issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

After two years with nobody writing in this thread, I'm writing to say that I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve it without replacing the bottom part of the driver's seat?

My car, unfortunately, is out of the warranty period and I've tried everything to solve it, from greasing the whole mechanism to tight up the nuts and bolts.

Regards and thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts