Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about 5000 miles on now and my Up has developed a really squeaky driver's seat. It seems to be coming from the squab and it is irritating (and loud!) beyond belief. Has anyone else had a seat problem?

It's booked into the dealer but I can't manage for a few weeks yet......

·
Registered
604 Posts
have you oiled the wife's ear ring recently

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
1lb of butter on the seat and switch on the heated seat...will cure it

seriously though...squeaks drive me potty....I'd check the folding mech...may need a wee squirt of silicone/ptfe spray

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a wife.... it's an accessory I can live without

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, I have just developed a noisy seat, not so much squeaky but knocking! it's doing my head in ad is getting worse, I'm Booking it in next week! I have done just over 3500 miles!

Benny xxx

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm going to be screwed then. At 27-and-a-bit stone I imagine mine will start squeaking (whenever I actually decide to get my up) the moment I get it
Edited by: Daedalus

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I'm a big lad also but this definitely feels/ looks like a fault. Esp since others are reporting a very similar problem - think I will need to practice levitation, that or I'm gonna rip the seat out and sit on a box....

·
Registered
242 Posts
Problem is with us being on the larger side, you know the first thing the dealer will assume/imply is that's the cause and give some rubbish excuse like "cars of this size are meant for the more petite" and so on. At which point I'd just sit on him till he gets it fixed

Of course it's all rubbish either way, a fault is a fault and they should fix it regardless. Hope the dealer sorts something out for you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cheers bud, fingers crossed...

Think I will send the wife in to drop off the car

Would be keen to here from any other others that have been to the dealers for a fix...help!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also have a squeaky seat that similarly drives me mad. I have sprayed the entire mechanism underneath the seat in wd40 but to no avail. Think I'll be booking mine in too! Glad someone else had posted about this as I thought I was the only one.

·
Registered
583 Posts
bennnnyb said:
Hey, I have just developed a noisy seat, not so much squeaky but knocking!
Especially when cornering ?

If so, try some grease on the seat rails.
You need to get it between the rail and the seat's clamp on the rail, so move the seat back & forth a few times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts