Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 3 door VW Up to a company in Leeds so they can have a think about making sill protectors for it. I pointed out the possibility of having them for the Skoda and Seat.

They hope to have some designs (remember 3 door models) for sale in about 4 weeks and will have them on their website eventually.

They can be contacted via email at:

[email protected]

Regards

Barry

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I had lockwood sill protectors on my EOS... They didn't really protect it much, but they looked pretty good! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Barry98 said:
I took  my 3 door VW Up to a company in Leeds so they can have a think about making sill protectors for it. I pointed out the possibility of having them for the Skoda and Seat.

They hope to have some designs  (remember 3 door models) for sale in about 4 weeks and will have them on their website eventually.

They can be contacted via email at:

[email protected]

Regards

Barry
Earlier thread by me...bought some great sills from eBay...came from Germany....they are really good.somewhere on this site I have a few pictures i
£59.....they have up! Etched on them..........

·
Registered
956 Posts
Grumps said:
Earlier thread by me...bought some great sills from eBay...came from Germany....they are really good.somewhere on this site I have a few pictures i
£59.....they have up! Etched on them..........

I've got those too. I keep threatening to post pics of them and then keep forgetting but I can guarantee they do look great, especially with my light blue/cornsilk trim.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi.
I bought a set of transparent door sill protection foil from www.lackschutzshop.de , for my candy white Move Up. The quality looks good, and they are pre-cut, to fit the car. They both have for the 3 door model and for5 door model (for 5 door, you chose the set for Skoda Citigo, since they are the same).

I paid around 19 GBP for an 8 piece set for 5 door model,(PROTECTplus 100µm) including shipping.

They also have loading edge protection foil in different qualities/colours.

Regards,

Kenneth

·
Registered
315 Posts
knjdk said:
Hi.
I bought a set of transparent door sill protection foil from www.lackschutzshop.de , for my candy white Move Up. The quality looks good, and they are pre-cut, to fit the car. They both have for the 3 door model and for5 door model (for 5 door, you chose the set for Skoda Citigo, since they are the same).

I paid around 19 GBP for an 8 piece set for 5 door model,(PROTECTplus 100µm) including shipping.

They also have loading edge protection foil in different qualities/colours.

Regards,

Kenneth

They look good/cheap - far cheaper than the overpriced film from VW.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm liking the graphics, else I wouldn't have a clue. I wonder if a black car should have black ones? And also, is the registration and checkout easy enough to understand for non German speaking?

·
Registered
61 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I'm liking the graphics, else I wouldn't have a clue. I wonder if a black car should have black ones? And also, is the registration and checkout easy enough to understand for non German speaking?
Hi,
Yes, it was not that hard to understand the checkout procedure ;).
In case you need some help, feel free to contact me, then I can try to make a small "ordering guide".

Best regards,

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thanks Kenneth

I might get back to you for some help with that

·
Registered
61 Posts
VWXYZ said:
Do they post to the UK?
Hi.

Try to use the contact form on the web site. The owner (Jens) replied me within 1 day, when I was asking for the set for a 5 door model.

Best regards,

Kenneth

·
Registered
315 Posts
knjdk said:
VWXYZ said:
Do they post to the UK?
Hi.

Try to use the contact form on the web site. The owner (Jens) replied me within 1 day, when I was asking for the set for a 5 door model.

Best regards,

Kenneth

Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I can't find the contact me button

I have added it to my basket and it doesn't appear that they do ship to the uk although there are lots of other European countries listed (unless my German is worse than I thought) so don't see why they wouldn't

If anyone speaks German please can they kindly direct me to the contact page? Thanks

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Thank you, I didn't scroll right down to the bottom

Enquiry sent

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Delivery to the Uk for 6 euros and Jens said I can order through the website, but I still can't see where to select the UK in the drop down menu in the Pay Pal section.

If someone could advise I would be very grateful. You only need to add something to your basket, then click on Pay Pal and you can try to select the delivery country without entering any other info.

Pay Pal page

·
Registered
61 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Delivery to the Uk for 6 euros and Jens said I can order through the website, but I still can't see where to select the UK in the drop down menu in the Pay Pal section.

If someone could advise I would be very grateful. You only need to add something to your basket, then click on Pay Pal and you can try to select the delivery country without entering any other info.

Pay Pal page
Hi BugBabe.

When I ordered mine, the Paypal site suggested that my adress was in Germany, and I could not change it there. But I wrote the correct country (Denmark) on the order form, and then also wrote a message in the optional message field, that it should be posted to Denmark. I received it within 3 days.

I would recommend that you order the "Montagerakel, Plastic" under the category "Montagezubehör" in the left menu (at the bottom). It is a piece of plastic, making it much easier to mount the foil nicely around the edges of the door sill.

Remember to clean the door sill, and spray both the door sill and the foil with water from a spray bottle (I filled one with 1 litre of water and 3 small drops of liquid soap).

There is a small video on the website, showing how to position the foil parts.

When you recieve the foil, one end is marked with a small circle, saying "VS" or something similar. That should be equal to the the left front door (opposite of drivers seat in the UK).

Anyway, feel free to send me a PM, if you need any help ;).

Best regards,

Kenneth

·
Registered
705 Posts
The link to the PayPal page is empty as I, as a visitor, haven't ordered anything so I can't help further with the delivery country question.

Nick

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you use google chrome, it offers you a translation service and then it is very easy to follow.

I selected Netherlands as the country and put a note in the messages of the full correct address. I also repeated this in the paypal section.

Thanks youknjdk for pointing this site out.

I attach a picture of my order, it then cost an additional EUR6.0 for carriage

Edited by: kg149

1 - 20 of 36 Posts