Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought some Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo alloy wheels, does anyone know if the steel wheel bolts from my Up will fit the new alloys? Thank you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah, all mii/citigo/ups use the same bolts, m12x1.5

·
Banned
645 Posts
There should be no problems using original wheel bolts, but just make sure you do not overtighten them.
A few weeks ago, when my OZ alloy wheels arrived from their factory in Italy, they provided a full set of slightly lighter alloy wheel bolts, with specific instructions on the correct torque pressure to tighten them up to.

With steel wheels, you are not dealing with a slightly softer wheel compound, so you can tighten the wheel bolts as tight as you can manage.
Overtighten alloy wheels, and you could damage the wheel.

Once you have placed the alloys on the car, visit your local tyre fitters, just to make sure you have not overtightened them.
Its unlikely, but when you see tyre fitters refitting wheels onto vehicles in the tyre bay, they torque them to a specific pressure.

There is a reason why they do this, and just make doubly sure that you have not overtightened the wheels.
Sorry for the essay, but yes you can use the original wheel bolts but get them checked afterwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There should be no problems using original wheel bolts, but just make sure you do not overtighten them.
A few weeks ago, when my OZ alloy wheels arrived from their factory in Italy, they provided a full set of slightly lighter alloy wheel bolts, with specific instructions on the correct torque pressure to tighten them up to.

With steel wheels, you are not dealing with a slightly softer wheel compound, so you can tighten the wheel bolts as tight as you can manage.
Overtighten alloy wheels, and you could damage the wheel.

Once you have placed the alloys on the car, visit your local tyre fitters, just to make sure you have not overtightened them.
Its unlikely, but when you see tyre fitters refitting wheels onto vehicles in the tyre bay, they torque them to a specific pressure.

There is a reason why they do this, and just make doubly sure that you have not overtightened the wheels.
Sorry for the essay, but yes you can use the original wheel bolts but get them checked afterwards.
Getting new tyres all round on them so I’m going to get the fitters to do it for me, wouldn’t want to run the risk myself

·
Registered
15 Posts
Recently bought some Skoda Citigo Monte Carlo alloy wheels, does anyone know if the steel wheel bolts from my Up will fit the new alloys? Thank you.
Hi the bolt should fit fine but get new alloy bolt for the alloys your putting on ... not steel they will rip/eat in the to alloy over time keep steel with steel and alloy with alloy hope this helps greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts