Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've just bought a used High Up!

Problem is, there is no spare wheel. Before I look online/talk to dealer I was wondering whether anybody has any to sell because they've upgraded to alloys?

Preferably in the Gloucestershire area/South West

Thank you

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
my spare doesn't look like that one..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Guessing it came off whatever that ratty old 05 plate is in the picture. I don't think any of the three cars come with a space saver.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Agree, but surely better than the gunk in a tin.
Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is a full size wheel and tyre combination on ebay here

Expensive alternative to the origional £50.00 though

As I posted elsewhere, I made the mistake of going the Spacesaver route. Get the Spacesaver, then you need the tool kit, the foam the toolkit sits in, the rubber straps and clips that secure the toolkit inside the well of the Spacesaver and then the winged bolt that secures the wheel to the bottom of the tyre well.

Recommendation: Don't do it that way!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ecksile said:
There is a full size wheel and tyre combination on ebay here

Expensive alternative to the origional £50.00 though

As I posted elsewhere, I made the mistake of going the Spacesaver route. Get the Spacesaver, then you need the tool kit, the foam the toolkit sits in, the rubber straps and clips that secure the toolkit inside the well of the Spacesaver and then the winged bolt that secures the wheel to the bottom of the tyre well.

Recommendation: Don't do it that way!
That makes the £50 factory option the bargain of the century.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, ive just sourced a steel rim and tyre for my daughtersUP asshe didnt like the idea of being stuck with an unsealable puncture! The vw part number for the wheel is 1S060102703C , its a 14inch wheel bought at trade from Gilder Group logistics, cost me £38.74, That was fitted with a 165/70 x 14 tyre (£25) which gives it virtually the same rolling radius of the 16" upsilion alloys fitted, add to that a VW Polo jacking kit off Ebay (£20) for a 2008 model which has been tried and tested and she has got peace of mind for under £100. I hope this post is of help to others trying to source "proper" spare wheels for the UP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts