Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody inform me on the amount of "splines" (no idea if thats the correct term for them) on the steering column of an up!?

At the end of the column (the steering wheel end) there are splines which the steering wheel goes onto allowing you to actually turn the column. Does anyone know if the up! shares the column with the polo or so on? and if so, how many splines do they have?

I would like to know this as I would like to fit the likes of a momo or omp snap-off boss and steering wheel to the car and saying as there is so little part support for the up! (grumble grumble grumble) im having a hard time finding one!

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well I have my old steering wheel at home so can have a look at that but won't be able to do this for a week as I am on holiday at the moment

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awk I know the leather is nice but I'll get a nice suede one ;)

Yeah I know it has quite a lot, I'd imagine its in its 30's?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Here is an image of my old steering wheel, it looks like it might be in the fifties, but I didn't bother counting

Edited by: Mulo

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, think I'll just head into a vw dealer and see if they have it online or in a book or something, might be easier than asking you gents to count all of those! Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts