Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined after putting together and ordering on Wednesday a candy white Take Up with comfort pack and maps and more. Was going for a Seat Mii S A/C being an already very happy Seat Leon FR TSi owner. Strange that you can have the basic Mii with aircon but not the comfort pack and the UP! is the other way round???? Got the comfort pack thrown if for free as they just about matched the Mii which also comes with free Maps and More. Worked out £6 more but 6 months less in payment terms in the end with the same deposit.

Should get it end of October and my 50cc yes 50cc powerhouse of a scooter can go for a the UP!. Be a bit warmer and drier even if I will have to stump up for car parking. Only mod on the UP! wil be to change the awful standard two speakers.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hi and welcome. You will find plenty of posts on here about upgrading speakers and the benefits of ordering the sound pack so that you have the speaker wires already in place

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

As bugbabe already pointed out, if you don't order the sound pack, you won't get the additional wiring for the rear speakers so that's something you need to be aware of if you're considering upgrading the sound system.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would of ordered the sound pack but it is not available as an option on the Take UP! Grrrrr For £150 would be much easier than a DIY job!!! I intend to only change the front ones though rather than adding an extra run of wire for the rears. The DIY guide is really handy will helpenormouslyjust get some cheap two way speakers from Maplins I think as they should do the trick. Can always upgrade them later if needed, but TBH the engine is great soundtrack to listen to as you wind it up

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I popped in today to place my order and they had made a mistake on the figures and the finance figure went up by £9 including the service pack. Not a happy bunny, anyhow fair play to them they in the end gave me a £640 discount to get the figure back down to theiroriginalquote!!

Order is in just have to sit back and wait............

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Good luck! It's a long wait... Been waiting for a month and still 2 more to go!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The amount they can adjust the finance by is really horrendous.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will be a long wait, however have horrendous road works nearby so for the moment my push bike or scooter make it a tad easier and quicker. Looking forward to being a tad warmer this winter

The cocked up the finance on my SEAT Leon as well and ended up adjusting that to fit the orginal quote
Glad I had written proof of theoriginalquote otherwise I would of walked next door to SEAT and gone for a Mii.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts