Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a fairly rural part of Gloucestershire and the little UP! has taken quite a battering the last few weeks.There is so much debris on the road at the moment, twigs, branches and loads of rubbish washed onto the roads. As you drive along you can hear things been thrown against the underside by the wheels.

They might not be Rolls Royce's but it does make you cringe every time your pride and joy hits something. I tend to drive around obstacles and potholes, drivers following must think they are behind a drunk driver.

I drove along a dip in the road last week although you couldn't tell as it looked as if it was a puddle, turned out to be more like lake Michigan and lifted the front of the car with water spraying out of the wheel arches I must have lost traction for a while...........quite scary.

The people I work with say don't worry about it " it's just a cheap car "but reading a lot of the posts on the forum * we know different "

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi Derkie, I'm in rural Gloucs too. I use minor roads to get to the A46 (Stroud to Bath) and there are two damage inducing craters on this route. On both Thursday and Friday last week, a big 4X4 has been parked up just past the craters with their owners inspecting the damage while the Corsas and ups just carry on like they're no issue. I know this is mean, but I couldn't help smiling at the irony of a £25K landrover being more fragile than a £9k up!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I live on the South Coast in Devon and down here at the moment with the winds and tides it's all branches and stones on the roads and I do cringe when I hear them bounce up inside the wheel arches. I have not looked but I believe we do not have the plastic inner wheel arches which is why this does sound so horrible when it happens

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I live in the "Ruhrgebiet" - and this means coal mining for hundredsof years ...
Since our cities have to pay for the East of Germany, there is not enough money for repairing our own roads.

If you don't drive like a drunk driver (to escape the craters) - you are drunk!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts