Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been in touch with the dealer again.
My original order was 16 Apriland told week 22 build. Estimated delivery (on invoice) 28 June.

No build date yet from VW and salesman expects delivery at the end of July going on approx14 week wait.

The only positive is that the value of mytrade in caris fixed.

Are you all waiting a similar time?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Interesting question, Krojo! You will find happy tales here of those who have waited only a few weeks and others, like me, who have waited months! I ordered on 16th March and my most recent text from my dealer tells me my car is "due to be built" in week 25 - next week! But I'm not saying yippee just yet as "due to be built" is not the same as "will be built"! And after build week the wait seems to be anything between 2 and 5 weeks depending how lucky you are with boats, transporters and dealer prep times. I expect to have waited a good four months by the time my car finally arrives. Hope yours is one of the quick ones!

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm just coming up to 12 weeks and hoping to get my up! by next week (transporter permitting, car's just waiting at Grimsby).

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered on the 3rd March with the dealer, however VW show an order date of the 13th March !!

I am currently due a week 25 build, however as it is still code 10 who knows.

Given that it will probably be ready for the end of July and with some holidays in August, we may well not take delivery until 1st September and get a 62 reg and a car that is worth slightly more !!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Which part of the country are you in DavidW? I'm wondering if there is any correlation between where you order and how long it takes. It doesn't seem to be the spec. I actually asked VW how the allocation system works and they gave me a load of flannel and referred me to the dealer. Me, I think their system stinks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am in London and my dealer had 20 Up orders.

On their web site, VW say:-

Volkswagen UK operates what is called a 'managed supply' system for most models, to ensure a fair distribution of available production across the Retailer network. This means each Retailer is allocated a set number of cars on a rolling three month basis. So when you place an order, it's advisable to check which month's allocation your car is intended for ""“ and if allocation is not available, whether it's possible to order from another Retailer or when more vehicles may become available.

Sadly I didn't see that bit until I had been strung along for a couple of months.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I still can't believe that your dealer cannot supply a build
date yet? (Is your dealer three letters and a number?) I know yours is a
similar spec to my car, you live in the same area as me plus you ordered yours
9 days before me, so in theory you should have been week 24 build. I received an
(unprompted) email from my dealer this week to say it is still allocated week
25 build (next week commencing 18<sup>th</sup> June) so delivery should be
early to mid-July (in theory)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Do you think they were late placing the order
with VW? Even so at this stage it should not be a problem issuing you with a
build date (I would be tempted to call into the dealers and speak to the senior
sales manager).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correct dealer. I'm happy with the communication and the salesman.
No reason to believe that the order was not submitted promptly. I was told that it showed "order accepted" within a couple of days. It looks like the delay is at VW.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I read that stuff on the VW website. My dealer never mentiOned the possibility of ordering through another dealer. I suspect some dealers try harder than others. MOst of the time or probably doesn't matter - only when they have an exceptionally popular new model the system can't cope properly.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I ordered on the 18th of April and will be collecting on Wednesday 20th June, so just over 8 weeks

·
Registered
3 Posts
We were very lucky. Walked into the local vw dealer enquired aboutlikelihoodof getting an up!white with a September numberplate and they just happened to receive a brand new car that day - it was a cancelled order. Agreed to buy it and picked up up days later.

·
Registered
956 Posts
nthurrzzz said:
We were very lucky. Walked into the local vw dealer enquired aboutlikelihoodof getting an up!white with a September numberplate and they just happened to receive a brand new car that day - it was a cancelled order. Agreed to buy it and picked up up days later.

Blimey, how lucky is that

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ordered on the 14th April. Dealer said 6-8 weeks at the time, then 10-12 weeks a few days later. I've yet to hear anything else from them other than a request for me to hand over my V5 doc so they can sell on my car! No chance, I'm without a car (turbos screwed) and I need the valid insurance policy to drive other peoples in the mean time. It's completely screwed my race season up as I can't get to races on weekends anymore. Still, all the cycle commuting is making my legs look great!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's weird. I handed my trade in to the garage about 3 weeks before my Up was ready (as the tax had run out). I've been in twice since and both times tried to give them my vehicles documents so they can sell/auction it, but he kept telling me to take them home and bring them back when I collect my Up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts