Up Owners Club banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
With the exception of a red one nearby, I haven’t seen any others in Glasgow in the last 6 months at least. I’m doing a 34 mile round trip for work now and haven’t seen any yet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seen two reds in Cheshire the last few weeks and regularly see a white 5dr in Sandbach.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well it is a rare sight so I’ve just bought a second one so on my drive there are lots of them! My wife has a red one and I’ve just bought a silver one. Both are minus the side stripes.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Bryn, was it parked at the top of the hill opposite the National Library a few weeks ago, if it was, you were admiring my little pride and joy.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Lovely silver 5dr parked at Stourhead National Trust on Tuesday. If I'd spotted it earlier, I'd have parked next to it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lovely silver 5dr parked at Stourhead National Trust on Tuesday. If I'd spotted it earlier, I'd have parked next to it.
Are you enjoying yours Pursat?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Seen a silver 5 door going past Stuttgart whilst on the way to Fussen, a red 5dr in the town we were staying in (Fussen, germany), another red 5 dr in yeovil & Exeter. The silver looks classy as f**k.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Does anyone know of a website that breaks down the sales data of each particular region of the U.K.
I know about the website which details the number of cars physically sold and registered on Uk roads, but the Gti is such a rare sight on roads here in Wales, I would love to know just how many were registered region to region.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've still only seen two in the wild, with the exception of ours. There's a white one that is local to us in Abergele, North Wales, and I saw a black one in a carpark in Milton Keynes.....

·
Banned
645 Posts
Blimey, another one here in North Wales, we must meet up, and have a chin wag about our cars.
I've never seen another one so close to Llandudno, I though I was the only one.

·
Registered
169 Posts
At last! another GTI in Liverpool,a 3 door in red in Tesco’s Old Swan car park this morning,apart from a couple of letters the reg number was almost identical to mine.I am not alone after all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Saw a black 3dr driven by a lady on the new A556 link road towards Altrincham and the M56. Then a silver 4dr around 13:30pm today on Princess road around Withington/Rusholme area. The car looked like it had a larger bore tail pipe. I think reg plate began GV18

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are you enjoying yours Pursat?
Leave it two months before I reply, will I?
Looks like it!

But, yes! Well, I'm driving it about as little as I thought I would. An extravagance, parked out in a South London street - but obviously a pretty cheap one as far as cars go. Done about 4,000 miles so far though, that's probably quite a bit more than I expected. Longest run was Perth (Scotland) and back, but been all over, really.
Not had any issues with it. Find the front tyre pressures a bit hard to read.
Ride is overly stiff and clunks a little, but sort of adds to the tacky charm. That said, I think it's really well built. I don't want a load of unnecessary design lines and chunky plastic. It's just simple and well assembled.
I dunno, it's just a lot of fun isn't it. Not really a patch on my mate's MK1 MX-5 for driving fun, but my roof doesn't leak (yet) when it rains and it still easily makes you go "weeeeeeee!" (and girlfriend, "woooooa!") when you're giving it some welly on a country lane.

tl;dr - Yeah, I'm enjoying it. About as much as I thought I would. Sensation of speed is probably the cars best feature.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I’m currently on holiday in Tenerife for a few weeks and I’ve seen three Up GTIs so far, including a red one parked in our hotel car park this morning. Seen as many here as I have in the UK!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've seen one other one on the road. Infact it's in my town.

I've been wanting one for 2 years, but that's the only other one I've seen on the road bar my own or at the main dealer.

I also go to the dealers probably about once every 3 months or there about, mine was the first used one I'd seen in the flesh for sale.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Saw a Black one, here in North Wales, last weekend, first one since last August
Even with the new reintroduction of the car, Uk registered Gtis still number well under 3000 vehicles on Uk roads.
Currently ive seen four accident damage examples for sale on various second hand parts websites, so it will still remain a very rare sight on our roads.

181 - 200 of 235 Posts