Up Owners Club banner

201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Any sandstorms at your end?
Yep, very windy on Saturday night, woke up on Sunday and all looked clear so I went for a run. Got back about 10am by which time the haze was looking heavier and heavier. By midday we couldn't go outside. You could feel it in your eyes, hair and lungs.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yack! Your flights weren't affected or anything?
Yeah, we were due to fly back at 6.10pm on Tuesday and were delayed by around 3 hours, so not too bad. It was just total chaos at the airport. I think it had been pretty much closed most of Sunday and Monday so they had a bit of work to do working through the backlog. In amongst the Corona and sandstorm, the worst thing that happened was being attacked by a dog, which was a bit weird!

Are you over there now?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Seen two reds in Cheshire the last few weeks and regularly see a white 5dr in Sandbach.
Saw my first one last Friday about 45 min. outside Chester on the A41 - white, 19-plate, Deeside-reg. So surprised it was a GTI that I forgot to count the doors, so don't know if it's the same one you see.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Yep, very windy on Saturday night, woke up on Sunday and all looked clear so I went for a run. Got back about 10am by which time the haze was looking heavier and heavier. By midday we couldn't go outside. You could feel it in your eyes, hair and lungs.
Where abouts in Tenerife are you? Any issues re Coronavirus? We go to Costa Adeje every year and have already paid up for this July...unsure of how things will pan out at present.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Where abouts in Tenerife are you? Any issues re Coronavirus? We go to Costa Adeje every year and have already paid up for this July...unsure of how things will pan out at present.
We were at Golf Del Sur, so about 15 mins from Costa Adeje. Likewise, we go every February half term to escape the winter weather. News of the Coronavirus outbreak at the H10 filtered through to us the day before we were due to fly home, so there were no repercussions at all. Spotted maybe half a dozen people at the airport wearing face masks. We’ve pretty much decided to put any plans for Summer and October half term on hold for the time being though. It’s very difficult to predict how it’s all going to pan out and how we’ll all be affected.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
We were at Golf Del Sur, so about 15 mins from Costa Adeje. Likewise, we go every February half term to escape the winter weather. News of the Coronavirus outbreak at the H10 filtered through to us the day before we were due to fly home, so there were no repercussions at all. Spotted maybe half a dozen people at the airport wearing face masks. We’ve pretty much decided to put any plans for Summer and October half term on hold for the time being though. It’s very difficult to predict how it’s all going to pan out and how we’ll all be affected.
True...glad you were unaffected.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Got 4 holidays booked this year and wish they would stop fannying about and let it spread as fast as it wants so it will be over far quicker than this drawn out nonsense that will cause a global recession while only pleasing the 24hr news networks, sensational newspaper writers and our snivelling NHS draining Incapacity benefit hypochondriacs. So no face masks, don't ban large sporting events or stop our holidays and lets all go about our business as usual as I'm happy to take my chances catching what is basically the cold FFS.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I agree. Containing it was never realistic, it was always going to fail. My reason for not booking anymore holidays isn’t because I worry about catching it, it’s specifically because I can’t be bothered getting caught up in the way it is being reacted to at the moment.

·
Banned
645 Posts
What about the Olympic Games in Japan, how do you compensate a nation, if an event of that magnitude has to be cancelled.

There's a good chance that the virus will be contained by then, but with cases now reported in America and parts of Africa, there's a good chance this virus will be around a long time, and any thought of foreign holidays will be out of the question.

I much prefer to holiday here in the Uk, and there's still a few Scottish islands on my tick list, St Kilda being one of them.

My last trip abroad was way back in 1991, I've no desire to leave our shores, as there's so much here in the Uk to explore, and our lives so perilously short to accomplish it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
A red / black 5 door 68 reg in Harrogate town centre last Sunday. Only my fifth one spotted other than mine & my daughter's two five doors.

·
Banned
9 Posts
I saw a White 18reg passing me, on the North shore promenade, yesterday afternoon, so they are about,
But a very rare vehicle just the same

·
Registered
485 Posts
I saw a White 18reg passing me, on the North shore promenade, yesterday afternoon, so they are about,
But a very rare vehicle just the same
Are you related to 9905?
As a new member who signed up 8 hrs you do realise your using the legendary Llandudnoboy user name lol!

201 - 220 of 235 Posts