Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I had a test drive in a High Up! A few weeks back. I had already decided on a white model with the sports pack, leather look seats and spare wheel. The pcp deal I had, which took in the full 30% deposit and an agreed mileage of 8,000 per year was around £130 per month. Not too bad really.

However, the last time I went to the showroom to tie up the deal i was left waiting for 30 minutes then when I asked for another test drive they spent another 20 looking for the car only to tell me that display model had been sold! Lol. Was all a bit keystone cops.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had bartered with their dealers and whether you were successful in obtaining a discount on anything?

Many thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
I got very little out of the VW dealer. Unless you're dead set on a VW I would at least consider the Seat and Skoda variants. I found that their dealers were more open to dealing

·
Registered
104 Posts
You would have to work hard as these beasties are rolling out of the show rooms
so dealers think why should they barter. If you want to do that I reckon your best bet is to visit a Ford dealer

·
Registered
84 Posts
Timwrexham said:
Hi all. I had a test drive in a High Up! A few weeks back. I had already decided on a white model with the sports pack, leather look seats and spare wheel. The pcp deal I had, which took in the full 30% deposit and an agreed mileage of 8,000 per year was around £130 per month. Not too bad really.

However, the last time I went to the showroom to tie up the deal i was left waiting for 30 minutes then when I asked for another test drive they spent another 20 looking for the car only to tell me that display model had been sold! Lol. Was all a bit keystone cops.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone here had bartered with their dealers and whether you were successful in obtaining a discount on anything?

Many thanks

My Up! came from VW Wrexham in Rhosrobin..

I've had mixed dealings in there in the past, in fact they annoyed my wife one time when she was trying to get a seven seater she's vowed never to go back. However the guy I dealt with this last time, Steve Wynn, was a superb salesman to deal with. The car itself, of course, sold itself but at no time did I feel like I was under any obligation or pressure and there were no "stunts" like dealers normally try to pull on you.

So would recommend dealing with him if you can, as the customer service I got dealing with him was second to none.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - I bought my Up! White last weekend from Arnold Clark. It was a demonstrator with only 80 miles on the clock - but £1300 less than the "new" price. I added 3 years service (plus 1st MOT), rear parking sensors and a spare wheel - and negotiated a good price for these. So you might be able to negotiate with the "add ons" - but not for the car.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts