Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up this morning and a pile of glass has appeared in place of the up,wife's car and she is gutted.
No key has been taken so how do these scum manage it,is the key not part of the immobiliser?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the alarm? Shouldn't it go off with a broken window or are there ways round deactivating it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Umiamz said:
The Up doesn't have an alarm.
I just assumed it would be alarmed? Is this definate that they don't come as standard with a alarm,it has remote locking and a flashing led.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reading various threads on alarm subject I can clearly see that it doesn't have a siren alarm,just immobiliser,I just assumed it would have a siren,hope the missus didn't tell the insurance it was alarmed when she took out the insurance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hear about the wife's up!, too many scumbags
in this world. I hope you get it back with just the glass missing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve T said:
Sorry to hear this mate, hope you get it sorted.

Cheers mate,not holding my breath though,shame as she realy liked that car.
Looks like I will be in the market for a replacement if anyone has a nice one coming up for sale.
Hers was a 13 plate high up and had only done 4000 miles so would be looking for similair.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Horrible thing to have happen to you. Sad to say I have been through similar 3 years ago, in my case I had 2 front doors smashed through to hunt down the keys and steal a car on my driveway.

Amazingly my car was found, and returned.

Brian

Edited by: Bman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts