Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here having had my 2013 red Take Up! from new for almost a year now.

Cleaning it the other day i noticed what at first looked like rust under the paint on the sills just above the stone chip paint line. Looking at it closely it looks like individual specs rather than rust tracks, so i reckon its overspray from when the stone chip paint was applied to the shell prior to the top coats going on.

Has anyone noticed anything similar?

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could just be oxidised iron particles. I had them all over my new car last year & had to spend a few hours going over every tiny spot with a Bilt Hamber clay bar with a continual slow spray of water for the lubrication. Example image:

If they don't look similar to this, then perhaps it's something else completely.

Check every panel very close-up to spot any other orange dots. If it was like mine, it's like whack-a-mole - you think you've got them all, then you spot another obvious one.

Edited by: smargh

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Could just be metallic 'fallout' atmospheric pollution, do you park near a busy road, industrial site etc? clay and elbow grease should sort it but remember to wax after the clay or it won't be protected

·
Registered
430 Posts
Clay bar kits are really useful for car detailing, its like a piece of putty that is used with a lube to remove contamination from your car paint work that ordinary washing and polishing won't do. Its easy enough to use and makes the paint feel like polished glass, finish off with a good wax and you'll be amazed at the finish.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Di ury said:
Where do you buy clay bar kits
Halfords do it but on also on amazon! The autoglym one is the best I've used I pay around £24 for it and the kit has everything you need!

·
Registered
430 Posts
I can also recommend dodo juice clay bar kits, or indeed their wax which is expensive but the best I have ever used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts