Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Five 6'fence panels blown over and shattered.
Conservatory guttering along one side down.All 10 brackets snapped.

Could have been worse I suppose..

Go well.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Sorry to hear that nightowl.
Did you gain any sheds ?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Been lucky Night Owl. No damage. Car just covered in leaves. Hope everyone else is ok.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hope all the little UPs [and owners] survived undamaged. Believe it or not the Grampians had the same wind speeds on Sunday but nobody though tot comment about it.
Very wet here overnight but wind has died down. However between the Atlantic and my bedroom window there is little protection. The wind comes up the Clyde Estuary and over Glasgow and wham into our windows in Central Scotland.

·
Registered
438 Posts
No damage here which is surprising because I can see the IOW where the 99mph wind was!

I'm hoping all is well in Devon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's been showery but mainly a sunny windy day here! Hard to believe this is all happening elsewhere in the country. Hoping everyone is okay.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Actually...I said no damage....just walked through the graveyard and found some cricket side screens!Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Derkie54 said:
Sorry to hear that nightowl.
Did you gain any sheds ?

No...still only got my own two. Mind you they are so full of junk I doubt they would go anywhere fast.

Go well.Edited by: Night Owl

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scrubnut said:
Actually...I said no damage....just walked through the graveyard and found some cricket side screens!
I am so glad,Scrubnut,that you only found cricket side screens on your graveyard walk
Could have been so much worse with Halloween coming.

Go well.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I see it was pretty bad in Holland and Belgium.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cadfael said:
sports aeroplane crash onto the graveyard ...
700 corpse already found yet!

But the storm was topic no.1 in Germany, too (including what happened in GB and BNL) ...
I had forgotten that joke....the old ones are the best

Seems a lot of us in Northern Europe found the storm bad.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear what you are saying Cadfael and sympathise!Here in the south of England our 1987 storm and this latest one ....for some of us...was quite bad compared to our normal seasonal weather. Of course many people in the world are far worse off than us!

Mediocre is abjective,and depends upon where you live and what is "normal" for you.

Go well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a large beech and an elm tree down. Although the main trunk missed the house, the roof has about 200 broken slates and there is damage to a 16c wall that forms part of the house. At least I won't be short of firewood any time soon....

Nick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh dear.Sorry to hear that Nick.I came off lightly then.I hope you can get it sorted OK.

My cousin lives in Farnham...better give him a ring to see how he faired.

Go well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I hope your cousin did not suffer any damage. I was actually away in India last week so had to rely on a builder I know to sort the immediate problem out. He did a great job with liaising with a tree surgeon and the local council and making the house watertight.

Nick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hello Nick, glad to hear you are getting things sorted. Bit of a nightmare when you are the other side of the world!

My cousin was OK, despite having some very big trees on his boundary. Thanks.

Go well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts