Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!I have a strange whistle noise from the right side of the front car, directly from the thermostat area {big black part}. it happens only in idle, between 900-1500 RPM, and only with hot engine.My car is new. only 4000 km, i purchase the car 4 months ago! Im living in ISRAEL.

I understand from this forum, its the common problem of the UP, MII and CITIGO.
The dealer here told me "don"t worry! this is the normal sound of this engine", but i know is not true.
Sometimes the noise is gone. but its back after short drive. But the level of noise not increase.
I have 3 questions:
1- If i continue to drive my car like this, it can be more damage to the water pump and the engine?

2- I need the e-mail of the technical division in SLOVAKIA, to send them a message about this problem and to try to convince the dealer here to replace the water pump. The car is covered by the warranty. The name of the dealer here is: CHAMPION MOTORS. And he is the only one who sales this car in the country.
3- How can i be shure, the new water pump not gonna fail after the same time{4 months}?

Thank you!

·
Registered
851 Posts
There's quite a few threads on this issue. Those who had a new water pump fitted have said that it has solved the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems to be some kind of major problem of the CITIGO-MII-UP. In this case the main company should send a message to the customers, about water pump replacement.

You think they gonna do that in the future?
It is safe to drive the car, as is ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today i was to the dealer again. He ask to the mechanic to "hear" the noise again. The answer was:

"You can drive your car as is, many years and nothing is gonna happen"

If they will replace this water pump with the new one, after how many miles the noise will return back?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The water pump in my car has been replaced today. And the driver"s power window mechanism.

After how many miles the water pump noise will return again ?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Perfection in any manufacturing process is difficult to achieve and anyone who says he has not made a mistake has never made anything. In recognition of this reputable dealers and suppliers offer a warranty to correct any inherent defects. Some people are very lucky and never have trouble others not so. Rather than becoming irate when something goes wrong a polite approach to the dealer will often bring surprising results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts