Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my VWs have stripes, I like the look. So we just added some stripes! (We have a vinyl cutter.)

Also added some Golf Mk1 hubcaps to finish off the wheels for now. Once the Greenstuff pads turn up (gotta import those from the UK) I'll give the wheels a good scrub, get the layers of brake dust off and paint the wheels silver.

Eventually I'll get some decent Toyo tyres and pop them on some Corrado steelies I have here.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hi and welcome!

looks nice that!
its the small things which make the difference.

also i use Toyo T1-R tyres a lot on my Up!, nearly the go to tyre choice for me. performs very well with the Up!.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice stripes! May I ask what tyre size did you fit on your up?
Thanks! The tyres currently on there are the factory economy tyres, some Hankooks. Awful in the wet, I'll swap them before winter kicks in here. 165/70/14.

I run Toyo semi slicks on my other VWs. Amazing things, super sticky and they don't wear out quickly on small cars. R888 Proxes, however I believe those have been superceded. I'll dig around and see which will fit on the other steelies when I do get around to it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think any tyre over these eco tyres will be better :D Had a bit of sideways slippage in the wet when going around Devil's Elbow in the Dandenong Ranges (a small mountain range here). I miss my Toyos!

·
Super Moderator
1,477 Posts
hi and welcome!

looks nice that!
its the small things which make the difference.

also i use Toyo T1-R tyres a lot on my Up!, nearly the go to tyre choice for me. performs very well with the Up!.
T1-Rs are great until you want to go around a corner in even the remotest of damp weather.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow, really narrow tires... I’ve driven an up! with a terrible goodyear tire, on the wet the ABS worked almost everytime I would press the brake pedal lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts