Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SoHAPPY
to have my Up! back... after panoramic sunroof leaking within 2 weeks!

Apparantly it hadn't been fitted right and missing clips...

Happy to say, dealer 'Smith Knight Fay in Bolton' staff have been excellent in sorting problem out. Only in the VW garage for 2 days.& gave me a Polo (Def. wouldn't want one of these thou! Not as nice as my Up!) - PLEASE DON'T BE PUT OFF IN GETTING ONE WITH A SUNROOF - MAKES SUCH A BIGDIFFERENCE TO THE CAR! & HOPEFULLY NOW FIXED WILL BEFINE (Fingers-crossed)

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
RESULT !.........(blue sky!)

·
Registered
120 Posts
I do wonder about the Quality Control in the factory if they miss off some clips in your case and don't fit the drain properly in others.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I would have got a sunroof, except for the point that I don't like them :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Fortunately I haven't had any problems with my sun roof but I'm happy to hear you got yours sorted out, congratulations.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I'm with si....either get a convertible or decent aircon but I can see the attraction of a sunroof to less hardy folk! ;-)........I'm more a scarf/flying helmet/sheepskin no-roof in the pishing rain kind of guy! lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
I am Aircon person these days as I never found open sun roofs helped a lot on hot days, however they definately do make the inside of the car feel a lot less confined due to the extra light.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Glad it's sorted and that it was done quickly and efficiently (as that makes a big difference).

Had mine open today as its sooooo bloody hot

Btw I'm not fussed about whether I had a sunroof or not, I won't use it much, I forget it's there. I think they look good on the car (from the outside), that's why I bought mine

But now I've got it, I'm glad I did due to the extra light in the car Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm glad the sunroof issue was sorted quickly and without any great fuss. I think we will see less of these type of defects as quality control and/or the experience of the workers in the assembly plant improves - good for folk who are still waiting on their cars.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Glad you got it fixed Jetbie, and so quickly too. And it's also nice to hear of a good dealer experience when dealing with a fault.

I really love my sunroof and I'm so glad I chose to get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts