Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Before I order mine, how many of you have had leaking issues with the sunroof? I am a bit paranoid having read that some people have terrential rainfall in their cars from the sunroof seals!

Is this true?

Thanks

S

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had mine for a month now and haven't had any problems with leaks.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
no one on here have had "rainfall" in their cars....

I know there have been 2 incidences of potential leaking from the sunroofs, one of which was easily fixed and there was some kind of drainage system that hadnt been connected properly at the factory...

I have had mine for a few weeks now, throughout the heavy rain we have had, no issues with leaks.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
PS, like I said in the other post.... I LOVE MY SUNROOF

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ordered mine without hesitation, looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Will tell you tomorrow, rain forecast for me. It had better not leak, might ruin my leatherette

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will wait to hear from you then! Hope you don't get wet!!! :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Heavy rain forecast for here tomorrow too so I'll let you know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
White, Take Up!, Panoramic Sun roof! - Waited 3 months for delivery! Was very excited!
Had car just 2 weeks and it's leaking in! Soaking wet passanger side seatbelt, water-marks all around top roof, windows mist up really bad! - Absolutely gutted :( Previously owned a Fox & had no probs, bit sorry decided on trade-UP! now :(

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ahh I'm sorry to hear that Jetbie. What has the dealer said?

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's booked in for Monday, they're apparantly stripping it down and putting it through tests. Just bit worried, heard these sort of faults never really get sorted out. & it's just so damp inside, will take ages to dry out :(

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
it could be a simple fix, it could be complicated like you wonder.... however if you get her back, and its damp inside, invest in something called a "pingu" I used one in my old car which leaked due to hole in the roof (lol) and it dried it out super fast!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts