Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much research and angst (mostly waiting for VW to decide if they are going to actually launch the GT) I bit the bullet and ordered an Groove Up!

Why has the wait since I ordered seemed longer than the 2 years??

So excited to be an 'almost' owner - can't wait to go out and play!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Excellent, can't wait to see some pics of that colour.. looks great in the brochure. Have seen a Groove up in white near me, the interior is really smart.

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
251 Posts
I hear you on the GT. I waited a bit, too, but with VW not sure about whether they would actually make it, the likely price and the fact that I don't actually need a pocket rocket, I ordered a Move Up! a few weeks ago and am expecting delivery in about 3 weeks.
Edited by: UpMan

·
Registered
115 Posts
I ordered my Cross UP! end of June, and collect on 12th November... I've been looking at every review and pic i can find on the web LOL... been a long wait... the end is now in Sight...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Sunset Orange looks much better in daylight than in the pictures.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went for orange based on the fact that the Groove seems to want to be that colour given the interior has orange detailing. I've not actually seen it on a car but what's life for if not to take chances.....

It has proved to be a "Marmite" colour as friends and family have either screeched "what?" or been quite impressed - no middle ground on this one. Other half keeps referring to it as my hooligan car.

I'm sure I won't lose it in the car park!

·
Registered
438 Posts
purple_paws said:
I went for orange based on the fact that the Groove seems to want to be that colour given the interior has orange detailing. I've not actually seen it on a car but what's life for if not to take chances.....

It has proved to be a "Marmite" colour as friends and family have either screeched "what?" or been quite impressed - no middle ground on this one. Other half keeps referring to it as my hooligan car.

I'm sure I won't lose it in the car park!

It's actually very pleasant. It's quite subtle, more a bronze orange than bright.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had my orange Groove Up! for a week and also took a risk on the colour, ordered without seeing it. Love it! Even nicer than I hoped

·
Registered
251 Posts
That Beetle colour always reminds me of the stick-on stars & planets on my son's bedroom ceiling :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
The Groove Up is fab. You will love it.

Edited by: Scrubnut

·
Registered
583 Posts
thirteen-o-two said:
We ended up with a real 'marmite' colour on our new Beetle as a result of a wrongly ticked box by the dealer. We took it anyway and really grew to love 'lemon yellow'
It works on a car like the Beetle.
On the up! I wouldn't hesitate to chose a colour like that either.
Or Orange, if it were available .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts