Up Owners Club banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Excellent, I love my Gti's so much I'm on my second, having had one for nearly three years from new and 26000 miles, I took delivery of my second 8 weeks ago !

Registered
With the 911 retired to sunny weekends and GTI in constant use, which one is more fun? I suspect it'll be the 911 but of course hope it's the GTI 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Well the 911 is a different animal. It frightens me and I will never reach its limits.
Pushing from 2nd to 3rd gear at 6200 revs with the sports exhaust engaged and nailing the clutch and gear change is a rare pleasure. The noise is incredible. I am a total petrol, gearstick, manual gearbox, ICE, addict.

But the Up is fun too, on a twisty, tight road and I like the Sound actuator, it actually sounds a little like the Porsche Boxer Flat 6.

To finish off the report, I forgot a few things which were worth adding, I've posted them before in a thread so apols for the duplication.
A lot of this was to make the car useable through the year and through the seasons in Cumbria.

EU warning image painted black

EU warning image painted black

Small clip to retain USB charging cable

Auto ON headlights, wiring goes up A pillar to sit above windscreen

Sensor sits above windscreen, invisible from drivers seat.

Rubber floor mats for the winter (left dirty for these photos!)

And for completion, here's the other one from several years back being dug out for a Monday morning commute. I had full winter tyres on, and always made it into work. Although the accelerator pedal never made it to the carpet !!

Registered
We also live in Cumbria and bought ours with 2k on it at 3 months old back in 2019 for just under 拢13k. It鈥檚 just got the black roof, arm rest and now all the bulbs are LED, Miltek non resonated cat back (virtually brand new from e bay for 拢140 delivered). A Carlisle pothole thankfully killed a Goodyear so we鈥檝e put PS4s on it. 19,000 miles on it and it鈥檚 averaged 47mpg, it鈥檚 shown 125mph two up. It鈥檚 had three services at Lookers, next one will be an independent. The only issue has been the wobbly rear spoiler which Lookers forgot about so I sorted it myself. Love this car, so far it has outlasted a 2018 Golf R and a 2019 RS3. I love my small cars, the other two in the photos have been in the family for 31 and 35 years, if the UP lasts that long I鈥檒l be six foot under馃槀
Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive design

Registered
That 205gti is so nice.

I am deep into the 60 to 70k now having bought my car at 7k from Lightening on here.

Still love it and it has done many of the Uk's great roads, including the NC500.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Amazing tootes,
I think you must have the highest mileage Gti on this forum.
I drove a Peugeot GTi on one occasion in early 1994, the 1.9 version and I have had hot hatches ever since, but never owned a Pug Gti.
I had a 1.9 litre diesel 205 for 3 years, a car with 60odd bhp, which I drove at maximum acceleration, foot to the floor at all times!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts