Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i got my nov. 17 up tsi speciel in june i have been wanting the gti front brakes(and the rear beam) i have looked true partslink and got the numbers and a good discount so these will be ordered jan./feb. 2019 , but since it´s all going to be apart i have been thinking that doing the bushes as well on the front plus the anti roll bar bushes. the problem is super does not list the rear for the front and the anti roll bar. and noise wise i don´t want the powerflex(they have them listed) i think i have figured out that they are the same as the skoda fabia 5j but not 100%. so does any off you track nut´s have the fitted ???(there is alot more track day action in the uk, then anywere els in the eu)

i also want a bush for the lower engine mount if that is possibel. and yes i know it´s a little bit silly but iam a nutter with these things and i find the 256mm brakes a little short comming i bought the car with 10500km on the clock and there was already a big edge on the disc(my previus car 2013 high 75bhp , lasted 83500km on the first set off brakes). i plan on taking pictures and posting them here. the calibers will be paintet black or dark grey
https://www.hammerite.co.uk/ since my car is only black or savanna gold the red would be out off place.
so any info on the bushes wold be helpfull.

regards
Sören

·
Registered
181 Posts
better fluid and discs and pads would be more easier

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well easy is not always the best solution plus the ebc brakes on the elmerhaus tuned up tsi failed totally in the german test with 3 tuned gti , they had to abord the brake test. on my mrk.3 golf vr6 syncro i got caliber mount´s and disc from mrk. 4 v6(312mm) and ferodo performence pads, they where way better then any slottet/drilled disc i had on the 2 front wheel driven vr6 i had, plus the noise from drilled are pant´s

the up date is superpro did not want to look true part numbers off what they had ,i looked abit my self and some off the bushes are from a skoda fabia. so ill se if powerflex want´s to play/help out.

brakes will be ordered in febuary
will update when i have news

regards
Sören

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a little update bought the bushes from powerflex, bought the 2 for the controlarms ,the one´s for the anti roll bar, plus the lower engine mount in red(diesel version should be softer, cause our 3 cylinders do vibrate)
i had the same problem with my email to power flex, asked technical but all i got was a sale´s pit´s ill dig in to the rear an messure them when fitting the others, the brakes will be later first the bushes
pictures will come when recived and come fitting time
regards
Sören

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the bushes came today in the mail, will be fitted when my buddy with a lift has free time(a water leak in his house, must be fixed first)

part numbers are
PFF85-201
PFF85-1202
PFF85-603-18
PFF85-620R now this lower engine mount is the red softer version for diesel but still not recomended for 3 cylinders but ill give it a go and see. other wise ill buy a polo 9n gti mount and fit that

regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
little update next weekend or the one after that the bushes are going in.

i bought some pads for the gti brake projekt,found out that these from the golf 7 fit the up minus the wear sensor. and i had the ceramic on my old up, and really like the low dust from them.

regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so just got it all fitted ,raised the bilstein from lowest setting 1.5cm higher(help alot cause it is way to bounsy all the way down) the control arms and anti roll bar bushes went in no problem, and the steering is now super tight and nice, the engine mound was 6cm high and hole was only 5.xx cm so had to grind around 5mm off on both sides toke most off the top side.
no wibrations in steering wheel, clutch/brake/gas pedal or the gear knop, there is new noise as it´s all tight now it got better and better on the 50-60km home so final thought in 14 days or so, but i can live with it the way it is now, there i only a little vibration when idle i could be way worse so pretty happy that the engine mount is this nice already iam thinking that the week settle time powerflex are saying, will get it to be 100% .

the engine mount and raising the car was what i wanted the most, so now i can get the brakes orderd so that an alignment can be done

i just orderd some steel brake lines from england https://www.ebay.de/itm/132969146506
think the brakes will be orderd thursday going to work tonight and comming home thursday morning
and since i had osram night brakers laser +150 in h4 fitted 1 month ago i got the same osram night braker laser +150 in the fogs hb4 and some phillips silver vision turn signal in the front
regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
i like the thread. nice mods.

i have ordered some black series ARB bushes, what difference did you notice?!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
currently im running Brembo pads and VW Discs, with ATE TYP200 racing brake fluid, very decent set up for fast road. but only lasted me 1 track day and 3k road miles beofre the fluid started feeling a little weak and pads were worn!

looking to upgrade my pads, good to know gold 7 pads fit, should be cheaper to find uprated pads for that?!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the steering is tighter

90% off the time the engine mount is fine , but started vibrating in the seat and clutch pedal at idle , not when driving but i will drive it some more
ps. since i am working away 3 day+s a week the car is not used half the week, so a "braking in the engine mount will go slow"'

regards

Sören

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
currently im running Brembo pads and VW Discs, with ATE TYP200 racing brake fluid, very decent set up for fast road. but only lasted me 1 track day and 3k road miles beofre the fluid started feeling a little weak and pads were worn!

looking to upgrade my pads, good to know gold 7 pads fit, should be cheaper to find uprated pads for that?!
the golf 7 pads are for the gti front brake upgrade 288mm not the stock 256 mm

regards
Sören

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
aha no worries, thats good tho.

i have receveid my ARB bushes just need to find some time to fit them!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well haven´t not ordered the brakes yet, cause iam seeing that the vw disc look really bad after 1 winter iam am hoping that ate or another good brand comes out with disc really fast.

having an alignment done tomorrow, cause getting parts in painting the calipers and getting them fitted well 1-2 month´s go by fast plus going to malaga just before easter .

but these brake lines showed up today

regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think my tread should be moved to projekt now, i had always planned to get the golf 7 dynaudio sub woofer ,cause others had done the upgrade on the polo´s and though is was a little better, but since i last weekend found out that beats is alot cheaper made the the fender, i went all in and bought at dynaudio speaker set from a low low mile vw golf variant around 60miles or so.

sub went in today there is more sound coming from there rear like when you sound deaden the spare wheel room, so it will only be even more when i get around to sound deadning the car.

and the brake parts are here, just need to go buy paint now ,but i think the front part off the dynaudio kit will go in first ,there is a little more work getting the seperat tweeters going in the rear,(plus cutting to make room)

regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so got the one´s in the door changede plus a little sound deadning on the door cards and the plastic piece on the door it self, the weight around 3 times as much as the beats speakers ,and a lot better made(well they are made in denmark ,same as me he he)
the did give more quallity to the sound, figured out what to do in the rear ,a buddy had the mds don´t know the english word, they seperate the high tones from the deep tones.
the beats full ranger speakers in the rear are really bad.

regards
Sören

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts