Up Owners Club banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
so got the turbo inlet from racingline(Alistair Dendy unit18) on the car(yesterday), there is more pift noises when letting trottle off on boost but not anoying it sound diff. on 100% trottle ,when cruising there is no sound, before i did some times have a loss in power from 3000 and up, not all the time. but still anoying. tried really had to get it to do that on the way home but it did not do it any more, it may have taken alittle torq under 3000, but it sure does open up over 3000, and before you could feel it running alittle out off puff at 5000 not any more. it just spools so much better now.
the stock inlet was 32mm and the racing line is 38mm, there are pictures that i have not seen before so i made them cause i wanted to know he he, we did notish that when take the stock off it was smaller then the inlet on the turbo, so maybe the stock is sort off a restricter like on the rallye car.
i will recomend this mode if you have a chipped car, it works at least for me.

regards
Sören

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good info regarding the Racingline turbo elbow we have one but it's not been fitted yet... Are you still using the standard airbox and have you changed to a panel filter?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
i thought i had pictures off it here,but just checked nope. i have bought the lower part off the airbox from a polo/golf any one off the other cars have the other lower part, put a mc trumpet on the end (will be changing it to a diff. model later on) a bmc filter(more filter area then the K&N) cut one slot out off the front grill i like the oem look and i don´t belive that the forge works for other then sound and sucking in hot air(the tuners that use the forge have the bonnet open when on the dyno) you get around the same sound but stil keep lower intake temp.
regards
Sören

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
ps why have the moderater moved my tread to the gallery, it´s a modification tread not gallery please move it back

regards
Sören

41 - 44 of 44 Posts