Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Suzuki Celerio is currently one of the cheapest cars in Britain, priced from just £7,500, but is it any better compared to some of its more expensive rivals?

[TUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ax8yLP-E8[/TUBE]

This is the Suzuki Celerio. It's a tiny car, but with one huge selling point - it's one of the cheapest new cars available for sale in the UK. Prices start from just under £7500, but does the price come at the expense of quality? Is it worth putting on your shopping list, or would you be better off spending a little extra on a Hyundai i10 or Volkswagen Up? Find out in my full, in-depth review.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The Suzuki is a real budget car, it shows in every aspect.
The Hyundai. Don't know tbh but they have a good reputation.

All depends on perspective. Is a car just a tool to move you from a to b or something you want to engage with?
I equate it to my LG washing machine. It's the best washing machine we've ever owned, but do I look forward to using It?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ed463 said:
All depends on perspective. ....do I look forward to using It?
If I may say so, a very succinct summary. When it came to replacing my up! it was down to a Polo or a Jazz. Both have a lot going for them; reliability could possibly favour the Jazz. BUT I just could not 'look forward to using' the Jazz's dashboard and the Polo's dashboard and indeed whole cabin is so much better.I did in fact show my wife a picture of each and she admitted all she was interested in was what the colour available was!

·
Read Only
110 Posts
hyundai i10, my wife is on her second i20, great warranty and service plan.The only reason I didn't get an i10 myself was the coloured dash panel, a choice of red or blue here in ireland, looking at that all the time would drive me nuts.
My overall impression of the i10 was of a big car made smaller, the Up! is a good small car.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Our washing machine has a great warranty as well,10 yrs on the direct drive motor

I'm trying to talk my son out of buying a Golf R. Great warranty, great reviews, stunning performance. But for the same money you can get a Maserati 4200 GT

Head or heart?

I've had an i10 as a hire car. Can't say I agree with "big car made smaller" does a job but nothing more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suzuki's Celerio or The VW Up And Hyundai i10

Thanks

In future I sense it would be better if I simply post my TNs directly on the litlte TN forum instead of creating threads to discuss entire dinners.

Left handed and proud

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dont know about the Celeriac or whatever its called but Suzuki reliability I suspect is very good.
My sister in law has had an Ignis from new, 13 years old now, not sure how many miles it has done but it has NEVER been serviced. I asked her once when it last had an oil change to which she just laughed and said that she'd had to put oil into it "a couple of times" when the oil light came on! It gets new brakes every time the pads wear down to the metal and start screeching.It is never washed, has damage to just about every panel, the heater no longer works but it keeps passing its mot every year and seems to thrive on neglect. I fully expect it to explode without warning anytime but they clearly know how to build a durable car.
(Still wouldnt have one).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Back to talk about the up. The REAL story on why I have bought it.
I was actually looking at a Celerio. I know a couple of people that have Suzuki off road cars, one is the farmer that sell me meat wholesale, so is actually used on dirt roads, and they are totally happy with them. Living downtown, house with arcade and few parking spots, I don't need a SUV, an offroad car or a big station wagon. I need a small city car. So I decised to go to the Suzuki dealer. But unfortunately dindn't have any Celerio to show me. Tried to sell me a Swift.

Yes A yellow Swift sport with leather seats is absolutely cool and is good to put in the middle of the showroom, but I ned another card.
Nearby there was a VW dealer. With a white Up in the showroom. I wasn't thinking to buy a Volkswagen car, actually.

But because the Suzuki dealer didn't have any Celerio to show the sliding door opened.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts