1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oooh! Want!

·
Registered
251 Posts
If only VW would have the guts to put a really meaty engine in a car like that. Say the 3.0 litre TDI...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Key benefits: Not only is the three-cylinder engine very lightweight and fuel-efficient; its maximum torque of 175 Newton metres is also available at a low 1500 rpm
175 Nm... Now that is impressive!!!
Imagine that engin in a little Up!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Its not about having to have guts to fit a 3.0L TDI, its space. That and the added weight. You'd be better off with something smaller capacity that will be lighter but is boosted.

Stick a Polo G40 engine with a turbo in an up. Could get a reliable 175HP or push past 200HP which would be more than enough in a car of that size.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
110 and an up GT would suit me just fine.......hurry up already VW!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Apart from faster acceleration what would the advantages be?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Beevee said:
Privatedoc said:
Apart from faster acceleration what would the advantages be?
Welcome, Professor Buzzkill...

Is rant rave and insult all you can do shakotanVIP ?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
advantage, much more flexible re overtaking etc, also...better seats, sporty looks and well, why not??

takes all sorts....if I just wanted acceleration I'd buy a fireblade! ......and a funeral plan!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Privatedoc said:
advantage, much  more flexible re overtaking etc, also...better seats, sporty looks and well, why not??

takes all sorts....if I just wanted acceleration I'd buy a fireblade!  ......and a funeral plan!
Thank you for taking my question seriously. I can see the advantage when overtaking another vehicle quickly and safely. Presumably there would be a trade off in fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the ONLY downside to our up at present is the 'time exposed to danger' when overtaking, esp on the country roads around me....stuck behind tractors / tourists etc , a wee squirt of acceleration is all I lack!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I agree with you Privatedoc. It's the only thing I miss from my BMW especially when behind the 40 mile per hour driver. They pull away in the 30 limit and when you catch up they are still doing 40 in a 60 limit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts