Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past week an extremely annoying rattle has developed in the tailgate. While somebody else drove I leant over the back seat and determined it was coming from the area in proximity to the latch (or maybe a little higher.) Has anybody else experienced this? Also, I've got the 5th gear rattle as well. The "technician" at the dealer tried to tell me it was my "driving style" causing the problem. The car itself is apparently fine

·
Registered
705 Posts
Try unclipping both parts of the seat and fixing them back in place again.

Open the boot lid and shut it again.

Nick

·
Registered
19 Posts
updownunder said:
Over the past week an extremely annoying rattle has developed in the tailgate. While somebody else drove I leant over the back seat and determined it was coming from the area in proximity to the latch

I have a similar rattle but mine comes from the suspension.. I was at the garage last Friday..the technician couldn't figure out the source or the cause of that...After having tried any possible solution they ordered me a new set of absorbers and top mounts. As they are out of stock in Greece they will arrive in 20 days from Germany...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there,
My rattle turned out to be the tailgate latch vibrating against the striker. The dealer made some adjustments and it's been fine ever since. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think there are a couple of rubber dampers you can adjust... or maybe that was the touran! Can't remember!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello poppet!

Rubber dampers? Where are they located and can I adjust them or is it better I pop back to the dealer?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts