Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why you think that no where on these cars does it say what Model it is? or have I just missed it somewhere?

For those that like the kudos of owning the most expensive model, surely they would like to have it badged on their car?

Also, just noticed that when I drive somewhere darkish during the day (i.e. a woods type setting) the speedo etc dims until I put my lights on - never had that before! SOOOOOOOO love this little car!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's that's you bag, then you can buy a special edition, otherwise, what's the point? They're only different trim levels, and actually, is there much kudos in buying the most expensive version of a really cheap car anyway?
Just playing devils advocate really.
As for the dimming thing, have you noticed it happens at night too?
The car can't tell the difference between night time and temporary darkness - it's a gentle reminder to turn the lights on.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I tell them apart from the take up having wheel trims with one hole in, the move up has wheel trims with two smaller holes, and the high up has front fogs and alloy wheels.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sue.Lemonade said:
Just wondering why you think that no where on these cars does it say what Model it is?

Mine use to say "white" to the rear of the front fenders until I took a blow dryer to it..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sue.Lemonade said:
Also, just noticed that when I drive somewhere darkish during the day (i.e. a woods type setting) the speedo etc dims until I put my lights on - never had that before!
Dealer had to explain to me that the car has a dusk sensor. It extinguishes the daylight backlighting so that driver is alerted to the fact lights need to be switched on.
Nowhere in the Drivers manual does it mention this!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Rednaxela said:
and the high up has front fogs and alloy wheels.
But those are optional

Externally, it's hard to tell a souped up Take up from a High up.

·
Registered
811 Posts
_1S_ said:
Rednaxela said:
and the high up has front fogs and alloy wheels.
But those are optional

Externally, it's hard to tell a souped up Take up from a High up.

Not in the UK at least, front foglights and alloys are standard. That's the way to spot a High Up.

Also the way to spot a Take Up is black mirrors, the others have body coloured. That leaves the Move Up with wheeltrims and painted mirrors. Simples! At least if you're a real saddo like me.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
583 Posts
Allybasher said:
Not in the UK at least, front foglights and alloys are standard. That's the way to spot a High Up. 
What I should have written :

Optional on the lower trim levels.

Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
811 Posts
_1S_ said:
Allybasher said:
What I should have written :

Optional on the lower trim levels.

That's true, which wrecks my theory really....

·
Registered
113 Posts
In Denmark.

Take UP: has Black mirrors and door handles..

Move Up:
No fog lights as standard..

It's difficult to tell difference between Move up and high up if a lot of people have chosen the DK pakke which includes fog lights (standard on high up)

·
Registered
202 Posts
High up in italy has ugly crome rearview mirrors and tinted rear windows... So you can tell a move from a high... and then a take has black door handels and rearview mirrors as already mentioned.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like my cars de-badged.

I wanted a comfortable small car so bought an up and filled me boots. I don't regret a thing. Even the blue motion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
whats that got to do with the subject??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well the OP did mention kudos. As part of this aspect, many people prefer or don't care which model is which. I'm one of those.

I have spent money on my car, but don't feel the need to advertise the situation. Mine has a blue motion badge which is nice as it does a little bit of pushing the green thing. If it didn't have the badge I'd still have te blue motion hence my comment.

I hope that explains what my views are.

I agree chrome mirrors are horrid, mine are night blue to match the car.

Just for anoraks, blue motion means move or high.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
chrome mirrors look ok with the chrome fog surrounds and door strips our car has.......

·
Registered
179 Posts
Your point about the instrument lighting/dimming is interesting. I find, when I regularly drive into a short tunnel, the instruments glow brighter to compensate for the darker light. My previous Juke did this too. Can't explain this but suspect the system is different once the lights are switched on, in which case you can manually dim or brighten them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dadog said:
Your point about the instrument lighting/dimming is interesting. I find, when I regularly drive into a short tunnel, the instruments glow brighter to compensate for the darker light. My previous Juke did this too. Can't explain this but suspect the system is different once the lights are switched on, in which case you can manually dim or brighten them.

No, all you're seeing is the fact that the binnacle lights have been on at their default 'day' setting (probably about 30% brightness), they'll then slowly start to dim as the averaged light levels over about 15 seconds drop.

This really is the most elegant solution for prompting the driver to switch their lights on, can't imagine you'll ever see an Up with its lights off at dusk.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts