Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello need some help.
Has anyone got the take or move UP?
Have you got standard steering wheel? If so could you please tell me if it covered in leather.
Want high UP but can't have as its leather and I'm vegan.
Vw .co.uk says I need to look at the move or take as they don't have leather.
Is this true.
Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
That's correct, only High Up! has leather trimmed steering wheel, gearbox knob and hand brake lever.Move and Take Up's! have plastic one in standard.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have move, no leather... You'd have to check the bit of material on the gear stick... But i think the steering wheel and if it where to be leather on the gear stick aren't really animal leather it's just that imitation :) Carefull when they deliver the car they might give you a leather key ring, they gave me one :) love it ;)

·
Registered
851 Posts
You won't be able to drive any of them as they contain plastic and petrol which comes from oil which has been created from the compression of plants and animal carcasses over millions of years.

·
Registered
583 Posts
b82ry said:
That's correct, only High Up! has leather trimmed steering wheel, gearbox knob and hand brake lever.Move and Take Up's! have plastic one in standard.
I'd be (pleasantly) surprised though if they used real leather instead of leatherette .

D3ftones, if it really comes down to it, you'll sure find somebody with a Move up who'll happily swap steering wheels before delivery of yours

·
Super Moderator
1,496 Posts
The interior on a High up! does NOT use leather on the seat. It uses leather-look material, and even then it doesn't come standard, it's a £455 option.

I'm looking at the car configuration page right now.

However is does appear that the steering wheel and gearstick gaiter ARE real leather in a standard High up!

Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi davec86,
I havent ordered yet but im going to go to dealership next week to see if they can sort out something for me.
If no go i will still order and if you still want maybe we could do a deal.

·
Registered
532 Posts
D3ftones said:
Hi davec86,
I havent ordered yet but im going to go to dealership next week to see if they can sort out something for me.

I'd be surprised if the VW dealer wouldn't change the leather bits. They are also small enough to put in a box to have them refitted when you sell.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyones who has helped me with this matter and i will post results when i get them incase anyone else is in the same situation.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
D3ftones said:
Hi davec86,
Yea, no worries at all. I'd be more than happy too, I've got a non leather gear knob/gaiter that you could have along with my non leather wheel in exchange for your wheel if it tickles your fancy.
drop me a PM if you want to dude.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts