Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my white take up! delivered to me tomorrow lunchtime! I'm really quite excited (and a little nervous). Ummed and ahhed for a while on what spec and decided to go for a base model. Kinda like the stripped back, simple, no messing vibe (let's see if that vibe disappears when the novelty of winding windows does!).
Got a demonstrator in the end. Partly cos they gave a decent trade in, partly cos of the reduced price (although not much), and partly because it was in stock! Lookers in Boston are willing to deliver the car to lancashire (3+ hours) and take away my old car for free. Lookers in Preston couldn't be bothered to search their database for me.
Interested to see what the real life mpg is. Had a fiat 500 twinair for a while and the mpg were there if you wanted to work hard at a certain style of driving, but the car was too fun to drive and rag around to get those figures and smile at the same time. Wonder if I'll find the up! the same?
Been good having the forum to see the love people have for the mini-beast. Hoping I get the love too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to the forum and up ownershipIm sure like the rest of us you will love your up!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Danger and a warm welcome to the forum. Glad you haven't had to wait long for your up! I really do hope you love it as much as the rest of us who have been lucky enough to already have taken delivery.

Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing what you think about the car

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looking forward to some photos...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Look forward to photos!!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
not long now.... bet you woke up early today!

tell us all about it when you recieve it and lots of photos please.... we all love a good photo

PS. welcome!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am a bit of a girl but slept ok! Always up early with the 3kids waking at the crack of dawn (5am today, yawn!).
It's definitely harder than ever to focus at work today knowing that at this very moment it's being driven to my work place. Will def sort photos out (rainy ones it looks like). Thanks for sharing the excitement!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Feel for you, the last 30 mins will be the worst...peering out the window...I trust you're taking the afternoon off !

ENJOY !!

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its arrived! It's small, its white and it's good.
Took it for a spin straight away. It's very easy to drive and can see it being popular for learners.
Took my 3 kids out in it just now. Three kids seats fit in it without fuss. Loads of space and smooth drive.
Sound system is a bit weak bit good enough and great or a base model.
Can see this being a well loved family member for some years to come.
Will post pics when I get to a comp. my phone won't let me do it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi our Take uP! is build week 27 or 28 so getting excited but the new spec 2013 looks as if the rev counter maybe deleted does any one have any info on this if it is true or not?

Ordered 12-5-12 Take up! in white with comfort pack full size spare wheel luxury mats and boot mat

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice pics Danger & glad you're liking the car so far. Looking forward to seeing more when the weather's better, and let's have a look at the interior too

Hi BlueBottle and welcome to the forum. Afraid I can't help re the rev counter but I'm pretty sure someone on here will know the answer.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Nice pics Dave.

Hope the kids liked it �.

Bet you drive the long way round to places for a while. Im still driving the slightly longer route to work and I'm coming up for 600 miles on the clock Edited by: bugbabe34

1 - 20 of 24 Posts