Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second tank 68 MPG. This is with no gadgets,simply an empty tank filled to the brim and some simple arithmetic. The take up is a luddites dream no technology,very simple and frugal.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That's very good. Cant really ask for more than that.

I filled up today for the first time, so time will tell

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sorry I am not to good at working these things out and have not sorted the press the button things !!!!I have done 270 miles (stop/start) driving and have used just under 3/4 of a tank. Is this good ???? please let me know ?:))

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From brim full to half We normally get 350 miles,then about 200.until warning light comes on. For good fuel consumption avoid fast acceleration,keep a light right foot.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That is excellent Upstart. I doubt I will get anywhere near that mileage, but we shall see

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Will see how I go. Might have to use a bit of that to improve things. Hubby thinks its funny that I'm not the most economical driver, but that I am trying to make my numbers go up

·
Registered
60 Posts
I too have a take up but as said elsewhere on here, I'm struggling to get more than 45mpg due I think in the main to the fact that my daily drive is only about 3 miles with the occasional 50 miler thrown in (which has the most horrendous hill to go up, either in 2nd following a lorry or 4th if the road is clear). I've been driving in accordance with that annoying little gear change light too (which goes totally against the grain!). I keep thinking I'm doing really well with the first half tank full, but then it just seems to seep away!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Madwitch said:
I too have a take up but as said elsewhere on here, I'm struggling to get more than 45mpg due I think in the main to the fact that my daily drive is only about 3 miles with the occasional 50 miler thrown in (which has the most horrendous hill to go up, either in 2nd following a lorry or 4th if the road is clear). I've been driving in accordance with that annoying little gear change light too (which goes totally against the grain!). I keep thinking I'm doing really well with the first half tank full, but then it just seems to seep away!
But does it matter? Other cars would give a lot less than 45mpg, and your yearly fuel bill will be small anyway. So for you what matters is whether or not the Up does its job. For some of us the Up saves about £1000 a year on fuel compared to the previous car (an old style Ford Ka).

I get about 110 miles before the needle moves, then another 200 miles to half full, and about 200 miles for the rest of the fuel gauge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts