Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Take Up about 3 weeks ago. White. Looks nice. The dealer said they had sold half their allocation of 64 for the year. I wonder if that is true, or sales talk?

I didn't intend to buy a new car, but my 10 year old Ford Ka expired and I had it scrapped. Sob. It is a very basic car, but I rather liked it. I needed a car desperately as the Ka failed the MOT, and the old one had 3 days left. Fortunately a VW dealer proposed a Polo loan car until they got a replacement for the showroom Take Up, whereupon I could take the Take Up.

The up is very nice. Very quiet at city speeds, okay on the motorway (about the same as the Polo I reckon). Nice little engine, very perky. Nice sound, a bit like a diesel or an original VW Beetle, when revved. Only one problem and that is the driver's seat. I'll post about this later. Thus far I get about 55 mpg, but the engine is new, only just hit 1000 miles. I got 40mpg in winter and 45mpg in summer from the Ford Ka.

I could have had a new Fiesta for about £8400. I paid £8000. I think I got the better deal.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
welcome¬

glad you are mainly feeling happy about your new up! i shall go take a look at the problem with drivers seat, any chance of some pictures of your lovely take up?

dont forget to vote in the polls too RE: model, colour options

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
willowaz said:
welcome¬

glad you are mainly feeling happy about your new up! i shall go take a look at the problem with drivers seat, any chance of some pictures of your lovely take up?

dont forget to vote in the polls too RE: model, colour options
Thank you. Here is the little beastie:

A standard TakeUp in white, customised by me with the finest quality Hampshire mud.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oh yes, only the finest mud for our ups! my up shall be having plenty of new forest mud when i recieve her!

looks brilliant... have you got more used to the seats or not?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
willowaz said:
oh yes, only the finest mud for our ups! my up shall be having plenty of new forest mud when i recieve her!

looks brilliant... have you got more used to the seats or not?
The New Forest is lovely. Yes, I have got more used to the seat. Moving it forward, and tilting the back more, has greatly improved comfort. I would not say it is very comfortable, but it is not uncomfortable, and today's drive (about 40 miles via garden centres etc) was very pleasant, and yes the seat was okay. It is possible it is breaking in with use.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well offcially i live in dorset, but takes me less than 30 seconds to drive into hampshire from my house!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts