Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strangely the Take Up seems to be the least popular version of the up!

As someone who has previously owned the boxy 90's Fiat Panda i find basic spec small cars strangely alluring, cheap(ish) small cars are supposed to be basic in a utilitarian way.

Could someone who went for the Take Up say why they chose the model and do they miss any of the luxuries the higher models have?

I've always thought air con was a waste in the UK for example, i specced it on a new car a few years back and in the 3 years i owned it i used the air con once, waste of £500.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It seems to be a popular misconception that air conditioning is only used for cooling on a very hot day. Driving with conditioned air at any time of year is advantageous. My air con is on 24/7 365 days a year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a Take Up and it's great!! We recently did a 1000 mile round trip in it and though air con would've been nice we were fine and instead notched up the cool air to '2' on occasion! We found the Take Up deceptively spacious, as the advert suggests, fitting in the luggage (for ten days) of the three people in the car easily, with extra room! We were all very comfortable in it too. I don't miss the electric windows, I've heard so many stories of people's electric windows breaking anyway. The car just goes and is basic but has a certain charm and character if you ask me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think I've used air con almost every day since I got mine in March. That's for cooling, too! The expanse of glass warms the interior up pretty quickly.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Hannah. Good to hear you are pleased with your take up. I hope you have many years of happy motoring.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I like the "simple black" mirrors of the take up!.
The seats are a matter of taste - but not bad.

I am no HiFi freak! But I wouldn't buy a VW (up! or Golf) with a simple sound system. The 6 speaker pack for good "every day sound" is a Must for me.
Thinks like A/C or Drive packs are also very nice - but no Must.
And I wanted a car with an integrated navigation system ...

move up! or high up! atre not better ...
They offer more options and add-ons ...
The take up! drives as good as the others ...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi folks. I have a basic Take Up, by choice, with the addition of Navigon. I have a Tom Tom for my Motorhome but felt the in built sat nav for the Up was worth the money as it does a few other functions as well. I have no regrets at all. We all choose the model we want or need. I required 5 doors. I am quite happy to wind my windows up and down....used to that with a 60 year old classic car...Air con ...just lately it would have been nice I must admit, but it has not been a major issue for me.
I had an all singing and dancing car before and I have to say I miss none of the Gizmos I had.
The Up does exactly what I want it to do with style and fun.

I love it!!

Go well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very pleased not to have loads of toys - things like the M+M can become very outdated, so I prefer using my iPhone 6 on a mount if i need navigation.

Little cars like the Up! shouldn't have loads of toys IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts