Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally going to Lookers Teeside tomorrow (14 Sept) for them to look at the M&M

when playing music my speakers cut out on my drivers side front and rear, not all the time and only from M&M notradioor CD

knowing my luck it will work fine when they have it and they will just say "no fault found"

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sounds like a simple loose connection between the stalk and the dash... once I get mine, will look more closely at the quality of the contacts etc...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Copper spring loaded pins make contact to copper plates

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guess what I got as acourtesycar

Red 5 door Move Up!, what a nice car my wife loves it and my son wanted me to get a red one from the get go.

but still I want my little white mover back, the 5 door just seems to grown up.

Had the call to say they have fixed it I will find out more in the morning when I pick her up

·
Registered
851 Posts
spud said:
guess what I got as a courtesy car

Red 5 door Move Up!, what a nice car my wife loves it and my son wanted me to get a red one from the get go.

but still I want my little white mover back, the 5 door just seems to grown up.

Had the call to say they have fixed it I will find out more in the morning when I pick her up
Great - we're all curious to know what the problem was (in past tense)

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told in round about kind a way "User Error" Stalk notconnectedto dashcorrectly

if it is not locked in to the dash correctly no matter how hard you push it will not go inproperly

This is what I was told:

Remove from dash

Put the back of the stalk in 1st ensuing the clip is under the lip on the dash

then push down firmly on the front of the stalk

I have never removed the stalk from the dash sincereceivingthe carexceptfrom trying the fix this problem, so how it can all of a sudden start happening after months of not doing this I do not know.

all in all notcompletelysatisfied

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I can see how it happens though... got mine the other day and thought the stalk was in after pressing VERY hard, howver, could see the left side bounce a little as was driving. I then pressed really hard and it clicked securely into place...

After that experience, I can certainly see how lots of people probably have loose stalks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks SiJ2000. My Mii's Seat Portable System was playing up - recognised my iPhone but couldn't play music through it, couldn't play radio via it, etc. It was an erratic problem - sometimes fine; sometimes not.

It seems that it was the left side of the stalk which wasn't quite seated properly. My wife is quite cautious and removes the stalk as well as the SPS every time she leaves the car in town. So sometimes she had put the stalk back in properly and sometimes she hadn't, which is why it was an intermittent fault.

I've explained that to her now so she'll be careful with it in the future.

Problem solved with little hassle! Great tip, thanks.

Edited by: Zigster

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Glad to be of service :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts