Up Owners Club banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Solar powered bean tin warmer perhaps? I'm sure the Chinese will have come up with something along those lines. The Golf has now gone sadly. V6 in this day and age makes no sense. It is to be replaced by a Jogger which is due to arrive in September due to the electrical bits stuck in the South China sea or something. Big car little engine so hopefully good on fuel. I could be keeping the Up GTI long term as it is also good on fuel and will be a bit of an antidote to a little bit of Dacianess which hopefully will be a good car from what I've heard.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well thanks for the help everyone, all vital information which helped me make the decision this morning to trade in the Golf for an Up GTI! White 3dr with Cruise and park pack, looking forward to cutting my fuel costs in half!
I have just made a similar decision myself. Not solely fuel based, I think the UP GTI will actually be more fun to drive.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have just made a similar decision myself. Not solely fuel based, I think the UP GTI will actually be more fun to drive.
Yeah honestly on the test drive I had great fun at very sensible speeds.

I think with just a few small tweaks it’ll be 100% more fun to drive than the Golf. Coilovers and a stage 1 will be more than plenty.

·
Registered
Up gti
178 Posts
Yeah honestly on the test drive I had great fun at very sensible speeds.

I think with just a few small tweaks it’ll be 100% more fun to drive than the Golf. Coilovers and a stage 1 will be more than plenty.
I have the usual suspect in engine bay, Apr remap and eibach streets, transforms the car trust me. I drove a golf GTi bla bla bla 290bhp, it was fast yes but in all honesty my up was more fun. I could afford the golf, I'm a psyche nurse so ok job wise etc, I don't want the golf as it offered me sweet fa more but debt and a higher fuel bill :0

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
l could get over 60mpg out of our Up GTi on a run if l set the cruise to around 65mph

On the commute to work my wife managed around 38mpg but that was in consistently heavy traffic.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have the usual suspect in engine bay, Apr remap and eibach streets, transforms the car trust me. I drove a golf GTi bla bla bla 290bhp, it was fast yes but in all honesty my up was more fun. I could afford the golf, I'm a psyche nurse so ok job wise etc, I don't want the golf as it offered me sweet fa more but debt and a higher fuel bill :0
Yeah this all really resonates with me tbh. I’m a bit of a tinkerer as well so I like to modify (or bastardise as my dad seems to think) but the list of mods you’ve listed there are what I’m going for although I my go Racingline OEM+

·
Registered
Up gti
178 Posts
Yeah this all really resonates with me tbh. I’m a bit of a tinkerer as well so I like to modify (or bastardise as my dad seems to think) but the list of mods you’ve listed there are what I’m going for although I my go Racingline OEM+
Listen, it needs done, the stock suspension is dire, floats over bumps like jello, tbh if I was not saving for an m2 comp or gr Yaris I would have spent more just fora bit of tinkering ability. Stock tyres need to go as everyone says, I would also get traction control button added.
Again, if keeping long term I would probably go 16 inch wheels as I feel they suit it more. The remap is a must, touch wood not any issues at all nearly a year on, car pulls so much better and all the way til the end, before it did not. I have racingline turbo elbow and new filter, do they do anything, probably not but keeping up with the Joneses.

My bro has an m140, I say this as it's a fast car but I don't feel it super fast for some reason, it does not even excite me like his Clio 200 cup would have, the wee up does. On way home from work tonight I more than kept up with everything let's just say, this lasted about 30 miles with the last ten me going easy, car said 47mpg, for my bro to do the same 80 mile journey he would need a new job lol. Cars mint, as long as you don't mind the odd small car joke, or the thumbs up when they are in shock cause you blow away their Bora, hahha, then your set.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree, within a week of acquiring my CitiGo I achieved 69.x. Just had 4 days in North Yorkshire holydaying. Coming home yesterday did 62.x, difficult with 14%, 12%, and 10% climbs, (drops compensate somewhat, but not completely).
poNo where near a match for the gen4 Prius hybrid I sold, I reckon I would have been in the high 70’s-low 80‘s every day of that visit. Best I did was 96.x over a 50 mile single journey, and 92.x over a 100 mile single journey and that was on the journey home from collecting it.
50mpg “all day long” was said in relation to not really trying. “Pace and Glide” techniques on those Yorkshire moor roads would not have been appreciated by other motorists. I was in the area of “Heartbeat” and “The Yorkshire Vet”.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Very nice, so far in mine the max I've got is 59.9mpg but that's been a mix of having fun and taking it easy over relatively short distances. Even still, much more economical than the Golf that I just stepped out of. So far the trip counter is reading about 130 miles and the need on the fuel gauge hasn't even started to drop yet. In the Golf 67 miles would pass and that needle would drop very rapidly.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts