Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After stalking this forum for a while, I thought I'd say hi! I'm booked in to test drive a Move Up! tomorrow morning! I'm looking at trading in my 2001 Clio and then financing the rest of the sum with my local VW dealer, package comes with 3 years servicing, 1 years tax and rac cover.

Any suggestions of things to look out for would be much appreciated, also are every Up made then shipped? Am I looking at weeks before driving it off the forecourt? I'm looking at the Move up in candy white but have seen the light blue colour is very similar?! (Found that the take up criteria was very basic) Any thoughts? Would also be interested in the high up for the maps and more and the coloured dash, any one had to make this comparison/decision?

Thanks in advance for your help, any feedback would be greatly received!

Suzye

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Not much to look for for just enjoy the testdrive, haggle for a good deal.

The Move up! is the better bet if you want/need A/C. I have a take up! but added the comfort pack and Map&More to make it a decent spec. On finance the Maps&More only cost me £3 extra a month as bumps up the residual value.

Don't forget you now pay £200 more for Candy White than the blue you were talking about or Tornado red. As for the High up! you may find that works out only £10-£20 a month more again due to the residual values. Worth playing about with different models and specs to get to a figure you are happy with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Also make sure you spec the spare wheel as it is only £50. As if you want it once you already have the car it will cost about £150.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Enjoy your test drive :D

Regarding your question about ordering and timescales..

If you have a unique spec it will need to be ordered and built at factory with a longer time

If you Order a spec that is in stock somewhere in the country then its not so long

And finally if you are lucky enough to find the spec you want in your local showroom you can take it away by the end of the same week :D

I was lucky enough to do that, but you shouldn't just take a model because its in stock, get the model you want.

·
Registered
583 Posts
suzye said:
Would also be interested in the high up for the maps and more and the coloured dash, any one had to make this comparison/decision?
Spec it out on the online configurator to see the price differences between the versions.

Once you start adding optional extras, the already better specced high up! becomes more attractive than a lower spec move up! + extras.
Well, at least that's how it is on the BE and NL configurators ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup, was the same for me in the UK

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a light blue move up with sensor pack,comfort pack and maps and more. I love the light blue colour and it does look white in some light, I wouldn't have picked another colour its lovely. The car all round it the best car I've ever had and wouldn't change it for the world :) xx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi guys! Excellent, thank you for your input. Have configured online and seems to be about £900 difference between the move up and high up. (on my sums!) Also I guess a higher spec will be more attractive if I were to sell it in the future!
Speaking of that anyone else using finance? What are the options at the end (I apologise for my lack of knowledge!) Ha ha .. I guess you pay the final sum or give it back? Is there any option to finance the left over balance?
So torn at the moment, I work shifts so 05:30 journeys in the winter make the heated seats/fog lights very attractive. I love the look of the candy white and images of the white dash look great too. Unsure of M&M because I use an iphone as my sat nav, but like the look of the other functions? And the spare wheel is a must after your reccomendations! Comes down to the Move up with the winter pack or high up! Decisions!

Suzye

·
Registered
587 Posts
suzye said:
Hi guys! Excellent, thank you for your input. Have configured online and seems to be about £900 difference between the move up and high up. (on my sums!) Also I guess a higher spec will be more attractive if I were to sell it in the future!
Speaking of that anyone else using finance? What are the options at the end (I apologise for my lack of knowledge!) Ha ha .. I guess you pay the final sum or give it back? Is there any option to finance the left over balance?
So torn at the moment, I work shifts so 05:30 journeys in the winter make the heated seats/fog lights very attractive. I love the look of the candy white and images of the white dash look great too. Unsure of M&M because I use an iphone as my sat nav, but like the look of the other functions? And the spare wheel is a must after your reccomendations! Comes down to the Move up with the winter pack or high up! Decisions!

Suzye

I have mine on VW finance and even though it is a PCP is like any other finance. i.e I can end at an point with a settlement figure and may well do if I decide to upgrade to a 5 door High up! in October. The settlement figure after about 18 months should be less than the car is worth so you have a little equity in it. At the end of the term you can hand it back but the car should be worth more than the final amount. You canrefinanceor pay the final amount off if you want to keep the car longer.

I would get a finace quote for the High up! and Move up! and see how much the difference is. I would alsorecommendthe sound pack as the standard two speakers are dreadful. The M&M makes for a good media player with all your musicstoredon a micro SD car. Bluetooth hands free for your phone is really useful. As I said come trade in adds £300 to the value from the figures I have seen.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The finance is brilliant to me.

Fixed cost motoring without worrying about any nasty extra costs. When the 3 years is 'up' I will probably just get another new up and carry on with the fixed cost motoring :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah perfect, if all goes ahead, I'd like to save the final amount so I can own the car after three years. Hoping to just use finance for this first post graduating car so in three years time I can focus on putting more money away for blooming mortgages!!!

·
Registered
811 Posts
I found that the High Up actually cost about the same as a Move Up + M&M on the VW finance, so I went with that and I'm really pleased I did - the heated seats are fantastic plus it looks better with standard alloy wheels. I've got the light blue as I didn't fancy red and didn't want to pay extra for a colour ('cos I'm tight...). I'm pleased I did though as I really like it. My wife's got a white Take Up as a contrast. That is great but a bit basic unless you like winding your own windows up and remembering to lock all the doors.

Regarding the finance, you have 3 options

1) Give the car back and walk away (never do that....)
2) Pay the outstanding balance (on another loan unless you've that much cash lying around)
3) Part exchange it against another new one. Normally the value is more than the outstanding balance so you can use the difference as a deposit. That's what I always do.

One other thing to note. There will be an agreed mileage and excess mileage charge. That is only relevant if you intend to hand it back, so don't worry too much about that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,

Little update! :)

I took a Move up! for a spin this morning and absolutely loved it, found I had to move the seat up a lot to see (Us petite gals) but the drive was so so good, outweighed all of my expectations, driving my clio home felt like driving a tank! Was with the VW dealer for well over three hours so got a good idea of what wasavailableand took my Dad along for a bit of moral support!

Pleased to say that I have gone ahead and ordered a 3 door Candy White standard Move up! Est delivery start of March with the new 13 plates. Yippee! I would have really liked the winter pack added on but the only caravailablewas in the darker blue and I didn't love it! I also got some quotes for the high up's which were alsoavailablebut these needed a far higher deposit than the Move up which is something that I can comfortably afford hassle free. Also having a little think I don't use my phone in the car and all of my music is on my iPhone which I will connect to the car anyway! Does anyone else do this?

So that's it! :) I think I'm in shock that I'm going to own a brand new car that is utterly amazing!

Roll on March.

Suzye

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Suzye I have a high up and I was wondering how much deposit you was asked for a high up compared to a move up, I paid 2300 deposit and 140 per month but that does include 300 for the gap insurance.<div sab="1224">Was you offered the gap insurance and did you take it PS I also got 3 years free servicing thrown in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have not done it myself but you can get gap insurance for a lot less than £300. I think one of the companies that do it where offering a discount for people on this site.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey!

No problem.I've paid £500 deposit & £500 to p/x my Clio then £150 a month for finance for three years £2700 left at end which I will most likely pay to own the car. If i'd gone for the High Up, would have been £1400 deposit + £500 for Clio then £180 a month for finance.

Also includes the three years servicing, one year tax and RAC cover.

I have been offered the GAP insurance but going to shop around. My Dadpurchaseda policy after buying his BMW and got it for £80 for the three years.

Suzye

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah I know I was had over for the insurance just too lazy to shop around, That deal you got Suzye sounds very good considering I paid a lot more deposit and though we are paying about the same per month at the end I will owe £4900.<div sab="887">To be honest I dont know if the high up is that much better than the move up but I needed the Maps+More because I am old and dont own an iphone and all that stuff you youngsters have,it takes me ages to work these gadgets out as it is.

·
Registered
811 Posts
That sounds an excellent deal! Not too long to wait either.

I didn't take the GAP insurance, although the salesman had a good go, he even offered it me at £100 off - I'll try and not write it off....

Regarding the music, I've got a Blackberry with a 16GB card and it streams easily through bluetooth on M&M, displaying the track name on the display - as I found to my cost, I was showing my son how it works and it selected a Dead Kennedys song with a VERY rude title. Some of our older members may be able to guess which - oops

Even for an old duffer like me it's intuitive so I'm sure you'll have no trouble with that.

·
Registered
851 Posts
yiddo said:
Hi Suzye I have a high up and I was wondering how much deposit you was asked for a high up compared to a move up, I paid 2300 deposit and 140 per month but that does include 300 for the gap insurance.<div sab="1224">Was you offered the gap insurance and did you take it PS I also got 3 years free servicing thrown in.
The high up seems to represent excellent value on a PCP as the list price is about £2k more than a move up yet you have shelled out only £1k more than I spent on my move up. My deposit was £1200 and I pay £137 per month. The servicing was thrown in and I paid £50 for the tyre and £60 for rubber mats in cash.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts