Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right folks, I have placed my order today for a Mayan Blue 5 door High UP! with sports pack (because I wanted the tinted windows and the new black headlining) and city emergency (as I wanted the passenger airbag de-activation function).

So now the LONG wait begins
...I can't wait

Will now start doing some hunting for various new bulbs all round (front) and some wind deflectors and maybe a stubby aerial, for now.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Sounds good zimbo. The wait is well worth it. Had ours for over a year now and I'm still amazed at the performance and drivability of a 3 cylinder 1 litre car.
I honestly get a big smile on my face every time I drive it....if I can get it away from my Wife!!

Go well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Night Owl. Its going to be different going from a 1.6 petrol mini cooper to the 1.0 UP! but I'm sure I will end up loving my UP as much as I have done with my minis over the past 12 years. Cant wait for this new episode in the life of zimbo to begin

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I am sure you will have lots of fun with your new Up! You have chosen a lovely colour and great specification. Just hang on in and the time will soon pass. There is lots of information on this site regarding changing light bulbs use the search function to help you. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Beevee.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi zimbo,

great to hear!

It normally takes to 10 weeks from order to delivery ...

My up! was produced end of April and I already know its ID number.
Unfortunately I did not get the invoice from my dealer, so no papers. Have a lot to do next week (this week would have been perfect) and so it will become 10 or 11 weeks till I get my up! ...

·
Registered
957 Posts
5 door High UP
Good choice zimbo
Had mine a year now 20000 and still enjoying it.
I am sure you will be just as pleased !

·
Registered
957 Posts
5 door High UP
Good choice zimbo
Had mine a year now, 20000 miles and still enjoying it.
I am sure you will be just as pleased !

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Mayan Blue is gorgeous, I saw it in the flesh for the first time recently - such a lovely vibrant colour.

Did you manage to negotiate any money off or other sweeteners? I keep being told by local dealers that they have no room at all to move on price, but I don't believe it, especially as you can get nearly £1,000 off the list price through Drive the Deal.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Snuggles said:
The Mayan Blue is gorgeous, I saw it in the flesh for the first time recently - such a lovely vibrant colour.

Did you manage to negotiate any money off or other sweeteners? I keep being told by local dealers that they have no room at all to move on price, but I don't believe it, especially as you can get nearly £1,000 off the list price through Drive the Deal.
DTD use a dealer whose business model is to make no money from an individual sale but instead, make all their money through bigger sales bonuses from VW by exceeding volume targets.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments guys.

Snuggles said:

Thanks snuggles, yeah I love the Mayan blue and hope I can live with its brightness once its here
the fact that its a £0 option helped a lot as I wanted something different and dont think you can get any more different than having this colour.

NO I didnt get anything off the car
as my negotiation skills are pretty non-existant tho I did get my monthly payments down by about £13 a month so kind of feels like I did get something lpus I think I might be getting some free mats all round etc too hopefully.

·
Registered
112 Posts
AlanG said:
Snuggles said:

DTD use a dealer whose business model is to make no money from an individual sale but instead, make all their money through bigger sales bonuses from VW by exceeding volume targets.
Thank you, I still find it hard to believe that there is absolutely no room for negotiation with other dealers, I guess it probably depends on timing.

I would happily buy through Drive the Deal but it would mean having to sell my car privately, which I've never done before. I'm not sure how much hassle that is, or how easy it is to find a cash buyer.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If only I could turn back the clock six months, as I'd have opted for the Mayan Blue, too, since it reminds me so much of the denim blue metallic of the Audi A4 that I used to own.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well my car has now been scheduled a build date of the 15th of June

Edited by: zimbo

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Zimbo.......and now the time-stretching starts....seems like ages but so worth the wait...welcome to the gang....another Scottish UP!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Look for the big ship with it on it!

Click here

Scottish Ups (our two included) Landed Here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool I'll keep my eye out for my big ship coming in eventually with my little blue beast aboard

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Nce one....Mayan Blue is lovely..... arnold shark???

·
Registered
16 Posts
No, Drive the Deal from a dealer in the South East of England. Handover will be in Carlisle as free delivery is England only, but the savings - and the car! - will be worth it!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts