Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The online booklet is out of action, does this mean they are adding newbies??

I hope so!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hopefully the long awaited arm rest!!!! Lol

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, for an aftermarket armrest check out a British company called Armster. They do two models, all black or black with silver trim. They are available from them on eBay at £99. I have on ready to install in my UP! when it arrives. I've been told that it doesn't inhibit use of the handbrake but has to be raised to clip the seat belts in.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jonwilliams40 said:
Hi, for an aftermarket armrest check out a British company called Armster. They do two models, all black or black with silver trim. They are available from them on eBay at £99. I have on ready to install in my UP! when it arrives. I've been told that it doesn't inhibit use of the handbrake but has to be raised to clip the seat belts in.
A couple of people have these, when yours arrives will you get some pics or it out and the in place? Please lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
jonwilliams40 said:
....... I've been told that it doesn't inhibit use of the handbrake but has to be raised to clip the seat belts in.
So,every time either the driver or the passenger (or the rear seat occupants in the 3 door) get in or out you have to lift the armrest.

Sounds like a pain in the a*$# to me.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The Armster armrest sits in between the two front seats so the drivers left and the front passengers right elbow share it. It can't possibly inhibit the access to the rear seats in the 3 door version. It's easier to raise it up to fasten the front seat belts. I don't know how you have linked it to the rear seat occupants at all, you'll have to explain that one to me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
jonwilliams40 said:
The Armster armrest sits in between the two front seats so the drivers left and the front passengers right elbow share it. It can't possibly inhibit the access to the rear seats in the 3 door version. It's easier to raise it up to fasten the front seat belts. I don't know how you have linked it to the rear seat occupants at all, you'll have to explain that one to me.

Well, I'm thinking that anyone in the back of a 3 door has to get out the driver or the passenger side. In that case the front seat occupant(s) will need to remove their seatbelts and lift the armrest out the way.

I'm not putting anyone down for choosing the Armster, just stating my own opinion that it's not for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts