Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just bought an UP, and want to upgrade the standart 6 speaker soundsystem with a subwoofer. But but but...

Should I buy one for the sparewheel well or one (two), that fits under the frontseats?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't done this, nor am I planning to do it either, but I suposed the tunk would be the best place.

From where are you going to get the singal for the woofer? I suppose we both have the same Radio Composition Phone (4x20W). I have never taken then unit out so I don't know if there is connection for the woofer or not. I would think there is not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello,

My 2012 up has only two speakers - one in the front door cards. There is space in the back too but I am not too interested in doing mine.

With that said I don't think there would be much difference in what I'm about to say anyway.

If you do not have a space saver tyre, there is a great amount of space in the back of the car, under the boot floor, where the beats Edition has the subwoofer installed.

I found a video when I was looking at getting a sub once, which may be of help to you as it shows where/how the sub's wired etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts