Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! This will be my UP’s upgrade thread.

I wrote few words already in the Newbies zone. More pics are also there.
https://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/10-newbies/10717-2012-black-edition-75hp-new-buy.html

New suspension gear just came! Here is how it looks like. Springs look quite sophisticated.
I don’t have shocks for the front, there is production late. I’m going to use stock front shocks right now and check how it works.

Important question: has anyone seen any real life pictures of black UP! With Momo Revenge wheels gray OR black version? I like black more but I’m not sure yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suspension installed!
I like how it looks right now, I would say it is perfect for me.

Springs are harder than I expected. This is little pain right now.

On the other hand they are safe at high speeds and bumps. I thought it will be knocking at peaks but not.
Whole car drives safer than on the stock suspension, it is welded to the road. I’ve noticed I’m going 10kph faster in many places, even on bumps.

I think I will be able to stand this for 50 kilometers daily. Maybe I have to loose some weight, like a jetfigher pilot.
Rear shocks are B8 sprint and front are stock. Front ones aren’t working that bad. They becoming harder below 5 Celsius degrees. When it’s really cold they are freakin wooden pegs. When it’s warm the dampening factor is to low and can make that quick bouncing that isn’t pleasant at all. Especially for my head and neck.

With fuel tanks empty whole rear was bouncing too quickly too. This isn’t about grip or diving safety, it is irritating for human body. This could be resonant resulting from bodywork length and weight and dampening factors. Maybe new shocks required short break in time. First hour of driving was very Spartan.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Looking good. Your ‘lose some weight like a jet-fighter pilot’ comment made me laugh. 😉

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking good. Your ‘lose some weight like a jet-fighter pilot’ comment made me laugh. ��
This is because I was watching those G-force tests for pilots on Youtube recently :) One guy was still able to tell "yep" at constant 9G at him :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did polishing today! Weather was sunny, no dust yet, perfect conditions. My driveway isn’t that good yet. I bought new polishing mops and preserved very clean conditions though - cleaning surfaces billion times, just after every step. This was a piece of hard work for me, whole day!! Want to see results??

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Stunning mate, cracking job that. Nice one.

·
Registered
605 Posts
You're very welcome. Plenty of quality pics to chose from for your forum avatar too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like the look, I also am in the investigating mode too.

I think we have the same ride height, or very similar.

Thanks! May be. I wouldn't go lower :) These h&r springs seem perfect product. After short break in they eat things :) They work quite soft on small and medium - small unevenness. On bigger holes they stiffen very strong, but they have to. The spine will regenerate over time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Looks brilliant! What did you use after using the polishing mops ?

Thanks! The finishing part was the dark blue cap 3M compound (ultrafine SE) with the soft gray mop.
And waxing was some liquid wax substance, I got 2 caps from one guy (sample for tests). rubbed with natural high quality chamois.

He trades and I do not know the name. And I would prefer a branded wax. Maybe someone knows something good, which well protects the varnish from sticking dirt???

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And today new wheels installed! The assumptions were that the rim has a flat face, so the tire will look better without stretch, with a vertical side wall - in American style. It was also good to compose with the vertical, rather flat sides of the car. The car was also supposed to look a little more serious. I've been thinking about it for a little too long time, but I'm happy now, I like it. Unfortunately, it is very hard. It is SPARTA NOW!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Love it mate and that shine is to die for (metaphorically speaking of course :wink:).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts