Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving around in a brand new Polo 5 door while my up is fixed. You can hardly see a thing when you look over your shoulder and it made me realise just how good the up is in that way. I'm pretty sure there is no blind spot on the driver's side in the up, but in the Polo there is a huge pillar then a tiny rear window. And how can they call it a Polo? It's nothing like the original tough as old boots half car half van. In fact, with its exposed paintwork and entertainment value the up is much more like the old Polo's natural successor. I don't really get the Polo at all. It's a bit like a Golf only a bit cheaper and I'd rather have a Golf. Or an Up. I wouldn't swap the up for the Polo.Luckily I don't have to! Can't wait to get it back!Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
430 Posts
I must admit I drove a new polo as a courtesy car and was shocked at the cheap feel and quality of it compared to say a fiesta or Corsa which I have also driven, all base models, it was also a bit thirsty on petrol.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine isn't a base model and I can't say it feels cheap. I'd still take it in preference to the Fiesta myself, but it does feel very DULL compared to my up! It doesn't help that it's all black, outside and in.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When ordering my up! Half way through my mum asked why I wasn't getting a polo and I said for what I'm paying for my up! With my extras I wouldn't get anywhere near with the polo, but in my 04 reg polo I loved it

·
Registered
84 Posts
Polo is the size of an old Golf now..
New models don't look half as much fun as my G reg polo s.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i had a new polo too to drive till my new UP! came and i thought the new polo was lovely but much bigger than my 6n polo which i sold in order to get my UP! ...got me used to driving a new car so that when Dixie came i was used to it no worrying about how new it felt cos i felt at home after 3 months of the new polo
i find there is a blind spot in the up, on your left hand side looking back,to see if on coming traffic is aproaching, when parked up on the right hand ride of a road..... other than that ...I LOVE IT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts