Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our new Night Blue Up! last week... the heavens opened on her during the first night, but now the sun is out thought Id share a few photos:

Really happy with the colour... looks great when the sun catches it

·
Registered
532 Posts
Oooo, mine should look like that. Good choice!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Nice! It's actually lighter than I thought it would be. Enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It does actually look a bit lighter than usual in these photos, the colour changes quite alot depending on the light... Id say the first photo is more representative of how it usually looks (in gloomy uk weather!)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice colour looks nice on a Move Up! and a change from all the white and reds ones now about!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Be nice to see that color in the flesh, unfortunately I've only seen one black (mine), loads of white and a few red.

The dark blue and the light blue are the colors I would really like to see

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice pics.. VW really have nailed the midnight blue, my old golf was in this colour and looked great

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Lovely colour :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was going for black until I saw this colour...but it looks very different in all the pics I've seen...some I like some I don't! I'm hoping my dealer will have one to see to help me!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Nice colour you have chosen, it looks lovely in the sun shine, lovely pictures ,
Hope you have years of joy with your new car ,and welcome to the forum ,
Regards Phill ,

·
Registered
149 Posts
kathyp said:
I was going for black until I saw this colour...but it looks very different in all the pics I've seen...some I like some I don't! I'm hoping my dealer will have one to see to help me!
Our Mii is black and looks lovely. Definitely not my choice but it has grown on me and I like it now. My favourite colours are still the light blue (makes me think of my old florida blau mk1 golf) and Seat do a sunflower yellow on the Mii. Little cars can get away with cheeky colours. I like the tungsten silver as well.
In fact, there isn't really a duff colour on any of the up/Mii/citigo trio.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think if the Metallic Night blue was a deep one like 'deep impact blue' on the new fiesta which looks gorgeous then it would be an easier decision.

this night blue seems a bit washed out on some pictures, almost dull or matt, then shiny and bright on other pics!

more individual than the black for sure, but hope I can see it or some other vehicle in it prior to ordering or may well be the 'safe' black which I have seen about and look great, especially with the triangle alloys.

·
Registered
171 Posts
upgirlglos said:
if the Metallic Night blue was a deep one
Mine is Night Blue ""“ and I'd definitely call it "deep"
this night blue seems a bit washed out on some pictures, almost dull or matt, then shiny and bright on other pics!
It does vary quite a bit in photos ""“ and in real life, in different lights. However, it never looks washed out in the flesh. To me, in heatwavy blazing sunshine like some of last summer (UK) it looks flat (but still dark), whereas in other lights, including sunshine like the last few days, it looks interesting and appealing ""“ I really like it.
hope I can see it or some other vehicle in it prior to ordering
My dealer had a set of metal swatches painted in the various up! colours ""“ I found them big enough to give me an accurate idea of the colour. Maybe your local dealer would have those. Make sure it's the up!'s Night Blue (code Z2) ""“ VW seem to do similar but not identical blues for other cars in their range. (And don't go by colours on paper, like the brochure ""“ of course, they don't behave in the light like the real painted metal.)

See also here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts