Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to pop into my Dealer today to drop off some paperwork and to look at the first 5 door they've had delivered.

Firstly, the 5 door was a Move up! (in the darker silver) and just like the reports I've read, ease of access to the rear seats is amazing given the cars dimensions. The extra doors really open up the rear space - VW have done a great packaging job to make the 5 door a genuine small family car.

Secondly, the Move up! had the 'new' dials with the white ring round the outside, as anticipated. However next to it was a newly delivered up! White with the 'old' dials - which I still prefer!

As they should both be 2013MY cars, it looks as though both styles of dial are still being used and it may just be a bit of a lottery as to which you get. Perhaps there is a supply issue?

It will be interesting to see what mine's got.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thats interesting.. does anyone have a photo of the two different styles that can be posted?

I am trying to visualise the difference...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Don't know which is which, but prefer the bottom picture...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bottom pic is the new dials with the white, introduced because, if you don't have your side lights on, you can't see the markings if in subdued light.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I prefer the old one too, however the new one looks a bit more sporty...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Markmod1 said:
Bottom pic is the new dials with the white, introduced because, if you don't have your side lights on, you can't see the markings if in subdued light.
I thoughtthe original designwas intentional, to remind you to switch on the lights?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad we got the old one, the new one is a bit 'Skoda'
Edited by: robwoods

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mine was delivered with the new version (lower picture). I like it though, as someone said a bit more sporty. But guess I don't have anything to compare with in real life

·
Registered
956 Posts
I prefer the old one myself. Good job really as that's what I've got.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Old ones all the way!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've got the new version and I like it.

Nick

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Rasmus TJ for posting the pictures.

For the UK, don't forget that both 'old' and 'style' have both mph and kmph figures so do look rather busy compared to those fitted in mainland Europe (or shown in brochure).

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've just been to visit mine at the dealer. Pics will be appearing soon when I'm home.

Just to confuse matters more...

It's a high up with UK spec (M/KM) that follows the new style but looks a little different and a little busy truth be told but I like it. As do I with the whole package so winning here.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Like the old dials...glad that's what mine has. Wonder what the GT dials will be like when it appears.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I prefer the old dials, but as soon as it starts getting dark it does prompt you to switch the lights on.

·
Registered
315 Posts
New ones here - they look nice too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts