Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked the car up at lunchtime and have had a brief drive around to get used to it. Much easier to get in and out of, compared to the StreetKa, as the seat is much higher off the ground.

I'm still waiting for the front and rear mud flaps to arrive and be fitted, and the protective film for the boot lip is on back order.

And here are some photos to show that it is actually blue!

Nick

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks nice - very understated.

Not keen on white centre caps with anything other than a white car tbh. Have you any plans to switch to black? I think black would look terrific on your car.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to alter them, then they'd have to be VW Blue. But I'm happy as they are.

Nick

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks lovely, I wish we chose the white interior.

·
Registered
956 Posts
From one light blue owner to another, a big thumbs up. I think the only difference between yours and mine are the seats, I just went for the basic anthracite.

Looks great though, and definitely still the best colour in my opinion.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was expecting a black interior, which was why I'd chosen the Beech Polka upholstery to brighten the inside. It was a pleasant surprise to find that it was actually Cornsilk.

I've now ordered some of the rubber mats, to try to keep the carpets clean - after today's brief drive and photo shoot, they are already mucky.

Nick

·
Registered
525 Posts
I must admit I didn't think I'd like that blue, but yours and clowesa's show what an excellent choice it is, and brave too when you couldn't really know how it would turn out! Its nearly as good as the red!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Oh yes, how much are the rubber mats? They're not in the up! accessories brochure and my dealer didn't seem to know much about them. Great pics btw. The blue goes well with the moody clouds!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The front and rear rubber mats will cost me £60.

I didn't have much choice about the clouds today!

Nick

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have noticed that a lot of people with the light blue one looks white in the photos. You have to put a piece of paper next to it to really see the blue tint!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Leif said:
It still looks white from outside. Inside looks blue for sure. Is the inside metal the same shade of blue as the outside? I do like the blue metal on the doors, and the blue dash. Nice car. I like the white hub caps, black would look awful IMO.

Yeah, the blue is the same inside and out. It really is a gorgeous colour but I admit that in bright sunlight it does almost look white, the difference is only obvious if you park it next to a white car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Really nice pictures Nick, those alloys are my favourite in
the up! range and the interior looks well with the light blue paint. I would
guess the configuration of your car is unique as I would guess nobody has yet
picked that specification.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I may yet get black centre caps for my car as the white does
bother me a little as there is no white on the car.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
looks ace Nick!

can you put up some larger pics of the interior, I havent seen any good ones before of that colour...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Click on the images and it will take you to ImageShack. Click on the images again and they'll magically grow to full size.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been notified that the mud flaps have arrived and I'll be taking the car into the dealer next Wednesday to have them fitted. They're keen to do it as they haven't carried out the operation on a live up! yet.

Still no news on the boot lip protector film.

Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nick,

Your car looks great - I really like it. I'm sorely tempted to order mine in same colours (paint, dash, seats/interior) ... the only think holding me back is thought of kids trashing it (dropping chocolate on seats, etc), so maybe will choose light blue dash and anthracite seats/interior.

Choices, choices! Anyone have any views to help me ...

Tony

1 - 19 of 19 Posts