Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need to know your comments on the mods on my car.
let me know what should I do next.

1 Vogtland lowering springs
2 tinted windows.
3 Piaa headlamps.
4 Hella fog lamps.
5 K&N filter replacement (good replacement).
6 Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (Big difference).
7 JBL Active sub (fun mod).
8 Momo Gear Knob and leather booth.
9 scoosche magnet qi charger
BD0C07E7-B9B6-43EF-B150-858AF6F3B1B6.jpeg
F4E1614D-6420-4896-B227-CD8099427D13.png
A2BBA538-4746-49A4-AB08-4596664FBEA4.jpeg

all else is bone stock.

Next Mods in the list:
Auto headlamp
Recearo vintage Seats.
17” wheels BBS.
webasto 400 ragtop.
and finally a set Of focal speakers.
send in your comments.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks pretty good to me! I think Audi TT (MK I) pedal covers would go nicely with your gear knob. There's talk about them on these forums.

As for the rims, I've been thinking about getting white 16" OZ Superturismo WRC rims myself. The originals I have are only 15".

Can you tell me which subwoofer you have and from where did you take the signal for it? I have the same headunit (4x20W) and may add a powered sub later. Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
The only thing I'd strongly advise against would be the fitting of a Webasto sunroof to the car.
1. It will take too much strength out of the shell (IMO)
2. No matter what anyone tells you, they ALL leak. I've had several, on some of my classic cars in the past, and vow never to even consider a car with one in the future, as without exception, (and one or two were very new / refurbished), they all leaked.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks pretty good to me! I think Audi TT (MK I) pedal covers would go nicely with your gear knob. There's talk about them on these forums.

As for the rims, I've been thinking about getting white 16" OZ Superturismo WRC rims myself. The originals I have are only 15".

Can you tell me which subwoofer you have and from where did you take the signal for it? I have the same headunit (4x20W) and may add a powered sub later. Thanks!
I like the aluminum pedals, I think I will be installing them shortly.
It is a JVL very common over here.
not very fancy.
I installed it under the seat, I think it was a good improvement to the audio. Took the signal from a rear speaker (just split the cable), not the best solution but it works. connected to the hi input cables not to the RCA.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing I'd strongly advise against would be the fitting of a Webasto sunroof to the car.
1. It will take too much strength out of the car (IMO)
2. No matter what anyone tells you, they ALL leak. I've had several, on some of my classic cars in the past, and vow never to even consider a car with one in the future, as without exception, (and one or two were very new / refurbished), they all leaked.
Ok, and the cost over here is in the “very high” side....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Carlos

Nice looking car.
I am curious about your replacement spark plugs, In what way have you noticed a difference ?
Is your car with the TSI or MPI engine, i don't know what's available i your market

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Carlos

Nice looking car.
I am curious about your replacement spark plugs, In what way have you noticed a difference ?
Is your car with the TSI or MPI engine, i don't know what's available i your market
I live in Mexico City, the altitude is considerable, a 3 cilinders struggles a lot to move the car, I have the MPI, TSI is not available here. I replaced the stock sparks for the iridium Plugs and the K&N hi flow air filter and the difference is noticeable in the throttle, as if I took out 100 kilos off the car. (Ok make it 50)
really recommend the replacement parts.
I now want to replace the coils for a hi performance one, (APR, or Audi red S8), that I think will increase the spark time and improve the engine performance, no change in the ECU, tiny improvements are noticeable in a tiny engine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished the front 2 way component focal 165vw install, big sound difference. Clear voice notes, as well as mid bass. Really recommend the mod. I will install the rears as soon as I find out how to take apart the window knob, I need to look for advice fronts are awesome... I also installed a foam in the back of the speaker inside the door, it bounces sound into the speaker somehow and makes the mid bass deeper, very pleased with the mod.

big difference in size, materials and weight. 👍 end result nothing shows, no complicated installation and good sound.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Mexico City, the altitude is considerable, a 3 cilinders struggles a lot to move the car, I have the MPI, TSI is not available here. I replaced the stock sparks for the iridium Plugs and the K&N hi flow air filter and the difference is noticeable in the throttle, as if I took out 100 kilos off the car. (Ok make it 50)
I now want to replace the coils for a hi performance one, (APR, or Audi red S8), that I think will increase the spark time and improve the engine performance, no change in the ECU, tiny improvements are noticeable in a tiny engine.
View attachment 5142
View attachment 5141
Just found an APR dealer in my city, I will ask for a quote and see if I can get them tomorrow.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
View attachment 5142
View attachment 5141
I have an update on the coil replacement....
it cant be done correctly.

here some images. The APR performance coil is longer and designed to fit in a different motor.

The image is inside an actual Up! Tsi 1.0MPI..

sad.. very sad., We could make it fit with an adapter, or something, but. I don’t think is the best option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Carlos

I don’t know about the APR coil, but on the OEM coil you can replace this part

So if you could move it from the OEM one to the APR, then I guess it would fit ?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Carlos your car looks great!
The only thing I’m not a fan of is the K&N filter .
Would be interesting to know how the altitude you live at ( 7,500ft) affects engine power ?
Do you ever drive down to sea level to see if it drives better?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
K&N filter .
Would be interesting to know how the altitude you live at ( 7,500ft) affects
Carlos your car looks great!
The only thing I’m not a fan of is the K&N filter .
Would be interesting to know how the altitude you live at ( 7,500ft) affects engine power ?
Do you ever drive down to sea level to see if it drives better?
It afects all cars due to the lack of oxigen saturation in the air.
so far I have only travel a couple of times outside of the city in my Up!, never as far out as to the sea level.
Sorry

the hi flow filter works in all cars, not only the Up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts