Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a fair few Ups with branding on the side. I saw a East Hampshire County Council one today, and I see a Home Instead car often. Perhaps that will damage the image? I was surprised to see them, as there are cheaper cars out there, but I suppose the high mpg makes sense.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I imagine the driving instructors will start using them as well. Though whether the gearbox will be able to take the abuse""¦

Nick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I suppose for the council it will make a great post/parcel delivery car, what I mean is, they can drive from like the main council building to a smaller building on the other side of town! But your right there are smaller cars but maybe they got a good deal on them lol

Something off the up! Subject when the range rover evoque was new I saw one on the motorway, under cover police, I thought out of all the cars they could have like a cheap defender or freelander they get a luxury evoque! I know there's an excuse for it but I don't know what it is!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Our CMPG bobbies where I am have a Lotus Evora. Fully marked one too, is amazing! And our unmarked fleet has a full range from fiestas, through 3/5 series BMWs, to X5s and range rovers.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Itzben said:
Something off the up! Subject when the range rover evoque was new I saw one on the motorway, under cover police, I thought out of all the cars they could have like a cheap defender or freelander they get a luxury evoque! I know there's an excuse for it but I don't know what it is!
I believe it is performance, so they can give chase when Joe Criminal steals a car. It would be quite funny if they started using Up GTs as unmarked chase cars. Somehow I do not see that day arriving.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It would be great if the police force decided to buy a huge fleet of up!s to use as Panda cars - that means wed see lots of them getting about in our cities every day!!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
streakypaws said:
It would be great if the police force decided to buy a huge fleet of up!s to use as Panda cars - that means wed see lots of them getting about in our cities every day!!!

Not big enough these days with the kit that is required in the boot, hence the change to estates like Focus, Astra, i30. They would however make good little car for the NPT (Neighbourhood Police Teams) to pootle about in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts